The Student Room Group

Entry Requirements for UK universities

Hi guys, I will be applying to UK Universities from this September. I have been looking at the grade requirements for the unis I want to apply to. When I apply for uni like the university of Glasgow, their entry requirements on the website for computer science are like AAB-ABB. so if they make me an offer to me lets say conditional, will the grades be the ones stated on the website or can they lower it to like BBB? i am still bit confused.
Also, do UK universities still give unconditional offers to students?
thanks. :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by jamesmunk844
Hi guys, I will be applying to UK Universities from this September. I have been looking at the grade requirements for the unis I want to apply to. When I apply for uni like the university of Glasgow, their entry requirements on the website for computer science are like AAB-ABB. so if they make me an offer to me lets say conditional, will the grades be the ones stated on the website or can they lower it to like BBB? i am still bit confused.
Also, do UK universities still give unconditional offers to students?
thanks. :smile:

They can change the offer to a lower one but its quite rare, but maybe not as rare considering the circumstances this year.
They do still give out unconditional offers although for a top tier university this again is quite rare.
Original post by Gillzy
They can change the offer to a lower one but its quite rare, but maybe not as rare considering the circumstances this year.
They do still give out unconditional offers although for a top tier university this again is quite rare.

Thank you so much for the help :smile:
Where this is a a range of grades usually the lower one is for someone meeting contextual conditions. Otherwise you get the higher offer. Sometimes universities also make different offers dependent on the subject taken. For example some will allow a lower grade if someone has take Further Maths for say Computer Science or Engineering.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending