The Student Room Group

How to get an A/A* in Psychology?

Hey I'm gonna start 6th form in September and I'm going to be doing the BTEC Applied Science course and an A-level psychology course. Any tips and resources that will help me to achieve at least an A or A* in psychology ? Also what should I expect in A-level psychology?
What you should expect depends on what board, but generally expect some simple biology (like neurons, hormones etc), stats and statistical tests, some short essay writing, social psychology, cognitive psychology, learning theories etc. I did Edexcel so only really know about the content and exam structure on that board

To do well I really suggest past papers, some reading around the subject, flashcards and getting other people to test you on the content :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by wastedcuriosity
What you should expect depends on what board, but generally expect some simple biology (like neurons, hormones etc), stats and statistical tests, some short essay writing, social psychology, cognitive psychology, learning theories etc. I did Edexcel so only really know about the content and exam structure on that board

To do well I really suggest past papers, some reading around the subject, flashcards and getting other people to test you on the content :smile:

Thanks a lot this helps :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Shfevv
link.png

I recommend this link for resources for psych, they're pretty good

Thank u so much!!!

Quick Reply

Latest