The Student Room Group

Eligible Universities

I have these predicted grades:
Maths- A
Further Maths- C
Economics- C
all the grades are not final but for now this is what I have.
I want to do Economics at university and obviously like other students I want to get to a good and well known university which is good for economics. So could someone tell me what big universities will accept ACC for economics at uni? if you could list them best to worst it would be extremely helpful, thank you
With those grades you are probably better aiming at 'points' Unis rather than 'grade' Unis - they will want something more consistent than one A grade and two Cs, and especially since that includes Economics at C.

You have 136 UCAS points. So, Unis like Cardiff, Westminster, Sussex, UEA, Kent, Oxford Brookes would be worth looking at - but you'll need to check their exact grade/subject requirements. Or look at degrees with Foundation courses - QMUL maybe. Or, you might considered slightly different subjects - Business Management, or Finance, or Maths with Finance etc as another option.
Reply 2
Thank you for your reply. I will look into that. I want to be an investment banker in the future hopefully so what do you think are the best uni courses to do for that
Original post by McGinger
With those grades you are probably better aiming at 'points' Unis rather than 'grade' Unis - they will want something more consistent than one A grade and two Cs, and especially since that includes Economics at C.

You have 136 UCAS points. So, Unis like Cardiff, Westminster, Sussex, UEA, Kent, Oxford Brookes would be worth looking at - but you'll need to check their exact grade/subject requirements. Or look at degrees with Foundation courses - QMUL maybe. Or, you might considered slightly different subjects - Business Management, or Finance, or Maths with Finance etc as another option.

According to UCAS, OP has 112 UCAS points with ACC.

Original post by ZMXI
Thank you for your reply. I will look into that. I want to be an investment banker in the future hopefully so what do you think are the best uni courses to do for that

Have a look at this link, hopefully it has saved the search parameters I put in (Economics, 2021 start, 112 UCAS points) https://digital.ucas.com/coursedisplay/results/providers?searchTerm=Economics&studyYear=2021&destination=Undergraduate&distanceFromPostcode=25&postcodeDistanceSystem=imperial&ucasTariffPointsMin=0&ucasTariffPointsMax=112&pageNumber=1&sort=MostRelevant&clearingPreference=None
Original post by ZMXI

Unfortunately almost all banks have requirements of a 2.1 degree (or on track for one if applying to internship positions) and AAB/ABB at a-level in their initial screening process.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending