The Student Room Group

Mature learner, first degree finance quesion

I qualified as a certified accountant in 1992, all done by home study, while working. I left school at 18 and have never been to university. If I were to apply to do a degree, most likely with the Open University, would I be eligible for a tuition loan, and maintenance loan? Or does my accountancy qualification render me not eligible even though I completed it via home study?
Original post by Amigababy
I qualified as a certified accountant in 1992, all done by home study, while working. I left school at 18 and have never been to university. If I were to apply to do a degree, most likely with the Open University, would I be eligible for a tuition loan, and maintenance loan? Or does my accountancy qualification render me not eligible even though I completed it via home study?

Hi there,

If you've not studied since leaving school then you would be eligible to apply for funding. If you're studying at the Open University, you'd only be eligible for the maintenance loan if you're studying distance learning due to a disability that prevents you from physically attending a university. You would be eligible for the fees though. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending