The Student Room Group

Tips for driving test tomorrow!!

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I’ve been really anxious about it and I know it doesn’t mean anything if you fail, just go again next time, but I’d ideally love to pass first time. Can’t wait to stop having dreams about it.
Just keep calm ! If you’ve had plenty of practice it shouldn’t be a problem so just keep optimistic about it.
Original post by stillcrying
Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I’ve been really anxious about it and I know it doesn’t mean anything if you fail, just go again next time, but I’d ideally love to pass first time. Can’t wait to stop having dreams about it.

Don't forget to check your mirrors and making it obvious enough to the examiner that you are checking them!
I passed today :smile: top tip from me, if you get stuck at a busy roundabout just wait and risk getting a minor rather than rush out when you aren’t sure. A minor is better than an instant serious.
Original post by overalltea
I passed today :smile: top tip from me, if you get stuck at a busy roundabout just wait and risk getting a minor rather than rush out when you aren’t sure. A minor is better than an instant serious.

OMG yay I'm so proud of you! Congratulations and yes I agree it's much better to get a minor that no one cares about really provided you don't accumulate too many that it makes you fail :smile: rather than a straight up serious fault : )

how old are you? Is this your first time?

Congratulations! Hopefully will be me tomorrow :smile:
Original post by royalty1702
how old are you? Is this your first time?

Yes it is :frown:
Didn’t pass unfortunately but thanks for the tips :ashamed:
Didn’t pass unfortunately but thanks for the tips :ashamed:

Really sorry to hear, don't fret though as the majority don't pass first time. What were your faults if you don't mind me asking?
Really sorry to hear, don't fret though as the majority don't pass first time. What were your faults if you don't mind me asking?

Probably about 15 minutes in (yeah I know what a waste of £62), I was going too fast round a sharp bend (country road), I forgot it was even there. The woman then started directing me towards the test centre so I knew I'd failed even though she didn't say. Then I got another for hesitating at some traffic lights right near the test centre which was just because I wasn't thinking straight from finishing early but that didn't matter as I'd already failed and I've done those lights so many times. Bit disheartening but I know it's not the end of the world.
Original post by SouthBridge24
Don't forget to check your mirrors and making it obvious enough to the examiner that you are checking them!

You don't need to 'make it obvious', the examiners are skilled at what they do, just relax and use your mirrors the way you would normally when driving.

Regards
Don L Gates
UK Driving Skills

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending