The Student Room Group

Reapplying whilst doing UG at another uni

Hi there,

I am planning to study at KCL, but this was not my first choice... as many know, we could not sit exams this year, leading me to miss out on both my firm and insurance by one grade (I needed an A in history for my insurance to accept me). I have been informed that I cannot appeal my CAG. I went through clearing and am going to be doing a degree that I am not 100% sure about, however, I am going with an open mind.

I will be resitting the exam and if I achieve an A and am not happy with my course and cannot transfer my course, I plan on reapplying on UCAS for 2021 admissions. Will the fact that I already started a UG course elsewhere put me at any sort of disadvantage? I plan on applying to LSE, UCL and maybe KCL again if I cannot transfer... is this possible?

This will obviously not be my ideal choice and no one wants to waste a year of tuition/maintenance loan, so I will be reapplying in late December/very early January - if I reapply at all.
Original post by ahosse1
Hi there,

I am planning to study at KCL, but this was not my first choice... as many know, we could not sit exams this year, leading me to miss out on both my firm and insurance by one grade (I needed an A in history for my insurance to accept me). I have been informed that I cannot appeal my CAG. I went through clearing and am going to be doing a degree that I am not 100% sure about, however, I am going with an open mind.

I will be resitting the exam and if I achieve an A and am not happy with my course and cannot transfer my course, I plan on reapplying on UCAS for 2021 admissions. Will the fact that I already started a UG course elsewhere put me at any sort of disadvantage? I plan on applying to LSE, UCL and maybe KCL again if I cannot transfer... is this possible?

This will obviously not be my ideal choice and no one wants to waste a year of tuition/maintenance loan, so I will be reapplying in late December/very early January - if I reapply at all.

To be honest, if I was you I wouldn't go to a university this September if your plan is to resit and reapply somewhere else. The A level exams will take time away from both settling into university and also your university work. If you're currently studying at a university then typically your reference should come from them rather than your old sixth form/college. You wouldn't need to reapply to KCL (assuming you don't drop out until the end of the academic year in May/June?)
You have to do it very precisely if you're opting for this route because as leaving before the end of first semester you'll already be in 2k ish debt, I know it sounds bad but taking a gap year is your best bet, this way you can focus entirely on one thing (resits/applications) etc rather than precariously going through the year

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending