The Student Room Group

Is it my fault?

My sister keeps playing loud music Every night and we share a bedroom and I told her to stop but she won’t and tonight i shouted be quiet and he comes into my room and tells me that I’m being too loud He says to Ignore her but she literally like above me bec we are in bunk beds and tells me to sleep somewhere else but there is nowhere else to sleep except the uncomfortable sofas and he doesn’t deal with this every night I hate him so much. I am supposed to suffer in silence or something? It seems like everyone says it’s my fault when someone else is clearly being more disruptive. I also haven’t even slept good in a while and my parents and siblings do nothing to help me
Reply 1
Btw ‘he’ is my brother
what sort of music does she play?
Original post by Anonymous
My sister keeps playing loud music Every night and we share a bedroom and I told her to stop but she won’t and tonight i shouted be quiet and he comes into my room and tells me that I’m being too loud He says to Ignore her but she literally like above me bec we are in bunk beds and tells me to sleep somewhere else but there is nowhere else to sleep except the uncomfortable sofas and he doesn’t deal with this every night I hate him so much. I am supposed to suffer in silence or something? It seems like everyone says it’s my fault when someone else is clearly being more disruptive. I also haven’t even slept good in a while and my parents and siblings do nothing to help me

First of all, go and speak to your parents. Ask them if you could speak to them in private and then tell them how it has been affecting you.

If the above doesn't work,.....Try what i suggest below,....

What I might say may sound crazy but how about if you take your mattress with you and sleep in a different room in protest?

You said that everyone is ignoring you, despite the fact that you've told them countless times about your sister blasting loud music.

By physically removing your mattress from your bed and sleeping on it in a different room, your parents will probably be surprised/shocked by your drastic move and would more likely want to resolve the issue you are having with your sister asap.

As for your brother, just ignore him.

Your family needs to confront your sister on her carelessness and lack of respect for you and other family members.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Nobodyy
First of all, go and speak to your parents. Ask them if you could speak to them in private and then tell them how it has been affecting you.

What I might say may sound crazy but how about if you take your mattress with you and sleep in a different room in protest?

You said that everyone is ignoring you, despite the fact that you've told them countless times about your sister blasting loud music.

By physically removing your mattress from your bed and sleeping on it in a different room, your parents will probably be surprised/shocked by your drastic move and would more likely want to resolve the issue you are having with your sister asap.

Your family needs to confront your sister on her carelessness and lack of respect for you and other family members.

Wow your response is so good. 👏🏼👏🏼
Reply 5
Original post by Nobodyy

Thank you! Your reply really cheers me up somehow 😂 I'm now in bed and she has stopped for now but I'll move out and try your method when she starts again.
Reply 6
Original post by fendergirl
what sort of music does she play?

She plays like sad songs and osts
Original post by Yourgirl00
Wow your response is so good. 👏🏼👏🏼

Thank you! :smile: Glad it can be of some help haha
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you! Your reply really cheers me up somehow 😂 I'm now in bed and she has stopped for now but I'll move out and try your method when she starts again.

You are most welcome :smile: Happy to help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending