My details:
- BA Accounting & Finance, First Class Honours
-Professional experience in Real Estate Development and REITs/ Property Funds
- Submitted 03/09
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

My details:
- BSc Real Estate, 2:1
- Professional experience in RE building consulting to investment (short internships)
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Haven't applied yet.

My details are as follows:
- MSc Development Studies Oxford, Merit award
- BA Economics & Politics, First-class Honours
- Very little RE+finance related work experience besides a private equity internship and doing research work for a RE firm

-I was registered to write the CFA L1 this December which, had I passed, would've bolstered my app—but that has been cancelled. Slightly worried about the strength of my application now.
-Most likely will submit end of January
Reply 3
Applied very early November. The application went under review this week.My details:- BS Real Estate, US Top 30 Uni, GPA 3.8- one summer intern at an asset management company
Reply 4
My details:
- BSc Business Management & Information Science at UCL, Expected First Class Honours (3rd year currently)
-Professional experience: Business Development @ AI startup, Investment analyst at Real Estate Investment/Development company and another startup
- Submitted 01/12 (Went under department review the day after)
(edited 3 years ago)
Bsc real estate finance, first class
Rics APC 24
Two years working as real estate asset manager
3 months (3x) internships in real estate consultancy

Feeling hopeful / under review
Bsc real estate finance, first classTwo years experience in real estate asset managementThree real estate internships in consultancies
Reply 7
BSc accounting & finance (Uni of Exeter) First class (graduated in 2020)
I am now studying MSc Construction Economics and Management (UCL) Expected distinction degree (will graduate in 2021 summer)
One internship in IBD, two internship in PE, and one internship in PwC where my target client is a large real estate company
No formal full-time real estate work experience as continuously studying
I am not sure if my background is competitive...
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 8
Does anyone who is under review by the department get the admission?
Reply 9
Original post by sissiz
Does anyone who is under review by the department get the admission?

I'm still under review, what about you?
Reply 10
Original post by p45
I'm still under review, what about you?

me too
Original post by sissiz
me too

Based on the information in previous years, the latest offers may be given at the end of January.
Reply 12
Original post by Tony9823
Based on the information in previous years, the latest offers may be given at the end of January.

Yeah, I have also seen that. Hope we can get accepted in the first batch!
Hi everyone,

I applied in late 11/2020 and the application went under review the next day. My status changed today to "Awaiting approval by GAO - Awaiting approval by the Central Graduate Admissions Office". My details, First Class BA Financial Economics from mid-tier UK university. Previous internship in REPE and Real estate investment management. I don't know if I got in with this staus change, but I'm hoping for the best.
Original post by AdamFifa2
Hi everyone,

I applied in late 11/2020 and the application went under review the next day. My status changed today to "Awaiting approval by GAO - Awaiting approval by the Central Graduate Admissions Office". My details, First Class BA Financial Economics from mid-tier UK university. Previous internship in REPE and Real estate investment management. I don't know if I got in with this staus change, but I'm hoping for the best.

Congratulations man!
Thanks man. To say it was a nervous wait, would be an understatement. Odd thing is, I didn't go to the degree committee stage, just went straight to GAO. Is this normal?
Thanks man. To say it was a nervous wait, would be an understatement. Odd thing is, I didn't go to the degree committee stage, just went straight to GAO. Is this normal?

I think it is normal as many people skip some status when they move into GAO
Hi everyone,

Congratulations! Must feel good - I think this means you got past the departmental review (not 100% sure though)!
Also awaiting approval by the Central Graduate Admissions Office. High First from top business school in Europe. Internship experience from IB, Big4, CRE Advisor, RE Dev and MF REPE (no particular order).
Original post by zenzizenzizenzic
Also awaiting approval by the Central Graduate Admissions Office. High First from top business school in Europe. Internship experience from IB, Big4, CRE Advisor, RE Dev and MF REPE (no particular order).

Congratulations. Do you know how long it takes between the GAO and a formal offer. Also, if you don't mind me asking, how long have you been in the GOA phase.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending