The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Cambridge MPhil Real Estate Finance 2021-2022

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
This is quicker than I expected... PAO 3.17, Conditional Offer 3.23. However, the office set my final GPA to be 3.8, which I cannot meet under any circumstances because this is already halfway through my term... Do you guys know if this is a serious problem, or if I can negotiate it now with the postgraduate office?
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Original post by skkzy16
This is quicker than I expected... PAO 3.17, Conditional Offer 3.23. However, the office set my final GPA to be 3.8, which I cannot meet under any circumstances because this is already halfway through my term... Do you guys know if this is a serious problem, or if I can negotiate it now with the postgraduate office?

That is a serious problem

Communicate/negotiate with the postgraduate office asap
I have progressed to the PAO stage. My background is in a previous post. Applied late November. Not completely convinced I am in until a formal offer is received. Hoping this purgatory comes to an end soon.
Reply 63
My application is currently under review. Has anyone who applied back in late Jan heard back yet?
Me under review by the department too... Applied just before the deadline.
I also applied late Jan, and my application is still ‘under review’...
Has anyone who applied in late jan/feb heard back yet?
I applied late Jan, application still under dept review
Reply 68
Original post by Bob1983
Can anyone provide insight into college placement for this course? Being a more “professionally-oriented” degree that’s only one year in duration are we more likely to be shunted to what some might consider less desirable colleges (I.e. not King’s, Trinity, Gonville, John’s, Jesus, Christ’s, etc.)?

Just got accepted to Gonville... So I don't think the characteristic of the course really matters to them. I suppose they view the candidate's background as a whole, but I don't know exactly what's their selection process.
Reply 69
Did anyone who applied in February get PAO/GAO?
Does anyone know that will this program decline applicants silently? My application has been under review since last year. I'm so worried.
Original post by YUHANSCARLETT
Does anyone know that will this program decline applicants silently? My application has been under review since last year. I'm so worried.

I also heard that some people got in wl two days ago. I haven't got any emails or updates since Dec 2020.
Does anyone know if they've handed out any rejections so far?
(edited 3 years ago)
I got my REF "University of Cambridge conditional offer of admission" email last year, on the 1st of June... so they're definitely still reviewing applications
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 74
Original post by Buttmuffin
I got my REF "University of Cambridge conditional offer of admission" email last year, on the 1st of June... so they're definitely still reviewing applications

When did you apply last year?
Original post by AW000
When did you apply last year?

early December

timelines really vary... e.g. I also submitted another application for a master's at Cambridge in early April, and received the offer in May
(edited 3 years ago)
Has anyone heard back yet? this is frustratingly slow
Reply 77
Original post by CAMLSE20
Has anyone heard back yet? this is frustratingly slow

I applied in February, and now I am still under review....
Reply 78
Hope everyone's been keeping well - just logged in my portal at 2 pm and saw that my status had changed to "Awaiting approval by PAO - Awaiting approval by the Postgraduate Admissions Office". Being the skepticist I am, not sure if this means I'm officially in yet. But fingers crossed.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by enwz99
Hope everyone's been keeping well - just logged in my portal at 2 pm and saw that my status had changed to "Awaiting approval by PAO - Awaiting approval by the Postgraduate Admissions Office". Being the skepticist I am, not sure if this means I'm officially in yet. But fingers crossed.

Congratulations, that is wonderful to hear! When did you apply?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending