Cambridge MPhil Real Estate Finance 2021-2022

Watch
rg0000
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey guysHope all going well on the app process. My app changes into PAO two days ago
But it seems like the PAO stage can take at least 2 weeks under COVID....still nervous cuz I saw someone got rejected after PAO (but it was because her uni was not a prestigious school)
Best wishes guys
Last edited by rg0000; 3 weeks ago
Pride of London
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by rg0000)
Hey guysHope all going well on the app process. My app changes into PAO two days ago
But it seems like the PAO stage can take at least 2 weeks under COVID....still nervous cuz I saw someone got rejected after PAO (but it was because her uni was not a prestigious school)
Best wishes guys
Congrats! I think that is a rare scenario so I wouldn’t worry too much. I’ve personally never heard of someone make PAO/GAO and then get rejected at that stage...

Would you mind sharing your background and date of application submission?
thedude777
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi Everyone,

Applied just by the deadline. My profile: First Class in Management w/ Finance from the Warwick Business School. Previously interned in the real-estate division at one of the big 4 and currently working full time in capital-raising/private placements for alternative funds. In the event that this year doesn't work out too well on the admissions side, I am seriously contemplating whether a solid GMAT score could help bolster my chances for the next year. Would appreciate anyone's insight on this!

Also, good luck to you all!
CAMLSE20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Congratulations! Amazing to hear!When did you apply? and could you tell a bit about your profile?
LMsav
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hey guys, I am thinking about applying next year. On course for a solid first, currently averaging around 79% (Russell Group, Economics). My only worry is I got a 2:2 in first year (was quite a difficult year for me) and scraped a pass in a second year quant module. Do you think Cambridge will be more concerned with the overall classification or will these factors hold me back? Cheers!
Physics realm
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi Guys, checked my applicant portal today and received the 'Awaiting approval by PAO - Awaiting approval by the Postgraduate Admissions Office.' having applied in late November. I have shared my background in an earlier post.
Buttmuffin
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Physics realm)
Hi Guys, checked my applicant portal today and received the 'Awaiting approval by PAO - Awaiting approval by the Postgraduate Admissions Office.' having applied in late November. I have shared my background in an earlier post.
Congratulations
skkzy16
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
This is quicker than I expected... PAO 3.17, Conditional Offer 3.23. However, the office set my final GPA to be 3.8, which I cannot meet under any circumstances because this is already halfway through my term... Do you guys know if this is a serious problem, or if I can negotiate it now with the postgraduate office?
Buttmuffin
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by skkzy16)
This is quicker than I expected... PAO 3.17, Conditional Offer 3.23. However, the office set my final GPA to be 3.8, which I cannot meet under any circumstances because this is already halfway through my term... Do you guys know if this is a serious problem, or if I can negotiate it now with the postgraduate office?
That is a serious problem

Communicate/negotiate with the postgraduate office asap
Wongwing98
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I have progressed to the PAO stage. My background is in a previous post. Applied late November. Not completely convinced I am in until a formal offer is received. Hoping this purgatory comes to an end soon.
Hathley
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
My application is currently under review. Has anyone who applied back in late Jan heard back yet?
Helena34
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Me under review by the department too... Applied just before the deadline.
Gaspard23
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I also applied late Jan, and my application is still ‘under review’...
rg0000
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
i got the offer a week ago. the pao stage took less than a week.
Anyone has a WhatsApp offer holder group please?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (65)
18.9%
Virtual accommodation tour (51)
14.83%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (17)
4.94%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.87%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.2%
Taster lectures or seminars (72)
20.93%
Speak to current students studying my course (80)
23.26%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
3.78%
Fun online activities or experiences (12)
3.49%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.33%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (6)
1.74%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.74%

Watched Threads