The Student Room Group

what is an accounting and finance degree like?

If you have done or are currently doing an accounting and finance degree how is it?
Reply 1
thank you!!
how much a level maths is there
ive been seeing people say it is boring is it really
what uni is this please
do u want to be an accountant
how did you know that an accounting and finance was the right course for u
Original post by m.s124
If you have done or are currently doing an accounting and finance degree how is it?

Hi @m.s124! :smile:

I just (virtually) graduated with a BA Hons in Accounting and Finance.

Personally I loved the programme and just the university experience in general is so much better than school and college. Accounting and Finance is so much more than just numbers and spreadsheets. Yes there is a fair amount of it but there's so much variety in the programme than you'd expect.
Some of my modules included Islamic Banking, Business and Company Law, Information Systems, Economics, to mention a few.

It's much more than just maths, most of the maths involved is GCSE level of lower, and if there are concepts that are higher, your lecturers will teach these to you, you're not expected to just know it. In my first year we did a maths test to determine how strong are general mathematics was and for the people that needed extra support, they were offered extra quantitative methods classes to bring them up to speed.

Just like school and college, like subjects, some modules will be easier than others and others will be more interesting than others but nothing is impossible or requires you to have prior knowledge.

The best thing to do before starting the programme, or anything in life really, is research. Have a look at where the university ranks for that subject, what modules different universities offer; and whether that works for you, get in touch with the programme leaders, go to open days and talk to previous/ current students. Get a feel for it to see if the programme is right for you.

If you have any further questions just reply here or get in touch with us via our website Livechat or email.

Best of luck!
~ Mo
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending