The Student Room Group
University of Bedfordshire | Outside Campus Centre
University of Bedfordshire
Luton
Visit website

Official University of Bedfordshire 2021 applicant chat

Scroll to see replies

Original post by elliedillinger
Hi, I'm Ellie and I've just received a conditional offer for midwifery but I'm still unsure if I want to go or not. Im currently in year 13 studying double health and social care and psychology :smile:

Hi Ellie, I’m a student ambassador for the university.
going to uni is an amazing opportunity to meet new friends alongside studying for a degree for a job you would love to go into. If you choose to stay on campus, it also give you a feel of what it is like to live independently and to learn new skills you may not have learnt had you not gone to university
I hope this helps:smile:
University of Bedfordshire | Outside Campus Centre
University of Bedfordshire
Luton
Visit website
Original post by rubyrose.02
hi ellie i’m ruby and also got a conditional offer for midwifery and also feel anxious like you whether to go or not!!

Hi Ruby, the University of Bedfordshire is honestly a brilliant place to be, especially if you are feeling a little anxious about taking that next step. I am a Student Ambassador and have just completed my first year; everyone I have met so far (both students and teachers) has been extremely caring and kind, always looking out for you and helping you to achieve your best. The atmosphere of a fairly small campus with train stations, doctors surgeries, shops, restaurants, leisure centres and anything else you could need all within walking distance helps the University to feel safe and never too far from home.
Any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask!
Katie
Original post by osas211
Hi. my name is Blessing, I 'am a mature student, i just got a conditioner offer to study Adult Nursing, I nearly at the end of completing an Access to Health science from Milton Keynes college. i live in Northampton, I'am worried about commuting to Bedford, unfortunately Northampton uni offered me a different course which i rejected. Is there anyone going to study nursing in sept at beds.

Hi Blessing,
Congratulations on your offer! I am a Student Ambassador for the University of Bedfordshire and have just completed my first year. Whilst I am studying a different course to you, over half of the students on my course commute in so I can assure you that you are unlikely to be the only one. Many of my classmates in fact now arrange lift shares by car or take public transport together so you may even find someone to travel in with.
Personally I lived in the Unite Students halls on campus and absolutely loved this experience so have booked again for next year. The rooms are spacious and clean, with immediate assistance should any of your appliances need maintenance or any other queries. It is also so helpful having a reception to take your parcels in so you never miss a delivery, you can just collect them at your own convenience. Furthermore there is a free gym and common room, as well as a laundry which is paid for on a top-up card.
Any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
Katie
Hi there My name is Jess and I will be studying Special needs and inclusive education this September, I am a mature student and mum of two! Does anyone know when our time tables be sent to us? Thank you.
Original post by JessicaS15
Hi there My name is Jess and I will be studying Special needs and inclusive education this September, I am a mature student and mum of two! Does anyone know when our time tables be sent to us? Thank you.

Hello @JessicaS15
How brilliant to hear that you will be joining us at the University of Bedfordshire! I know many other mature and parenting students across a range of courses, who all are having a brilliant time and I know would welcome you into such a lovely community, so you certainly won't be the only one. In terms of timetables, they are accessed online but will not become available until much closer to your start date. The good news is that as long as the Government re-open everything as planned, the University have announced that all classes will return to on-campus teaching from September. This means that when you do get your timetable it should (Government permitting) show an in-person timetable with all of your room numbers rather than using our online platform to access your lessons.
Please, if you have any other questions feel free to tag me and ask, I'd love to help you!
Katie (Student Ambassador of the University of Bedfordshire)
Original post by KatieBedford
Hello @JessicaS15
How brilliant to hear that you will be joining us at the University of Bedfordshire! I know many other mature and parenting students across a range of courses, who all are having a brilliant time and I know would welcome you into such a lovely community, so you certainly won't be the only one. In terms of timetables, they are accessed online but will not become available until much closer to your start date. The good news is that as long as the Government re-open everything as planned, the University have announced that all classes will return to on-campus teaching from September. This means that when you do get your timetable it should (Government permitting) show an in-person timetable with all of your room numbers rather than using our online platform to access your lessons.
Please, if you have any other questions feel free to tag me and ask, I'd love to help you!

Hi Katie,

Thank you!! I’m looking forward to starting Uni!

Ah that’s great! fingers crossed they will be on campus and not online.
When do you usually get your time table? I just really need to know due to work and childcare !! I like to get organised, plus I work with children so my boss needs to know due to staff ratio 🙈

Also, do your days change every semester?

Thanks again for the reply

Jessica
Original post by JessicaS15
Hi Katie,

Thank you!! I’m looking forward to starting Uni!

Ah that’s great! fingers crossed they will be on campus and not online.
When do you usually get your time table? I just really need to know due to work and childcare !! I like to get organised, plus I work with children so my boss needs to know due to staff ratio 🙈

Also, do your days change every semester?

Thanks again for the reply

Jessica

Thank you for your response @JessicaS15
I would recommend contacting your course leader by email and they will be able to tell you when the timetable for your specific course is likely to be uploaded. Dr Cathal Butler is a Senior Lecturer in Special Educational Needs and may be able to provide an answer or point you in the right direction: [email protected] , further email addresses can be found here https://www.beds.ac.uk/howtoapply/departments/education-and-english-language/staff/
Totally understand the need to get organised, and yes the days do shift slightly each semester but for me it has never been that much of a change, even sometimes keeping the same days just changing times of the actual lectures within those days.
Any further questions are warmly welcomed!
Original post by PebblesFolorunso
Hi Ellie, I’m a student ambassador for the university.
going to uni is an amazing opportunity to meet new friends alongside studying for a degree for a job you would love to go into. If you choose to stay on campus, it also give you a feel of what it is like to live independently and to learn new skills you may not have learnt had you not gone to university
I hope this helps:smile:

Thank you for your reply! I have decided I will be studying here and living on campus for the first year :smile:
Original post by osas211
Hi. my name is Blessing, I 'am a mature student, i just got a conditioner offer to study Adult Nursing, I nearly at the end of completing an Access to Health science from Milton Keynes college. i live in Northampton, I'am worried about commuting to Bedford, unfortunately Northampton uni offered me a different course which i rejected. Is there anyone going to study nursing in sept at beds.

Hi Blessing!
I'm studying at the Aylesbury campus for Adult Nursing :smile:
Hey hope you are doing greatI applied for MSc in project management and had done my bachelors in software engineering. I need some guidance or advice related to CAS letter. Anyone who can help me with that ?
Original post by Manooka
:hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to The University of Bedfordshire for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

Hey its Haseeb here
I applied for MSc in project Management and had done my bachelors in software engineering.
I want to get some guideline about CAS so let me know if anyone can help me on that.
Thankyou
applying for the same course thoo . which uni are u applying?
. I a
Hey, thanks for your response. I applied for my master's in Project Management at Bedfordshire University Luton Campus. I am applying as an international student from Pakistan. I got a conditional offer letter from them and now waiting for my CAS letter. If you have any info with that then please let me know.

Original post by Misty kelly
applying for the same course thoo . which uni are u applying?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending