The Student Room Group

Traveling on the tube...

hey guys,
i was just wondering how the tubes are like these days if you've travelled on them recently...
how is it at rush hour?
how are the different tube lines?
I'm going on a train after 3 months in like an hour so ill tell you then
Original post by Anonymous
hey guys,
i was just wondering how the tubes are like these days if you've travelled on them recently...
how is it at rush hour?
how are the different tube lines?

i go on the district line on weekdays

it seems to be normal but during rush hour its quite hard to socially distance and some people don't wear masks during rush hour too :frown:
Reply 3
Original post by sushi_tree12
i go on the district line on weekdays

it seems to be normal but during rush hour its quite hard to socially distance and some people don't wear masks during rush hour too :frown:

Ahh thats really annoying

but i thought people are supposed to wear masks on TFL??
on the metropolitan line during rush hour it’s not too bad, people do keep a distance and wear masks
I got on the picadilly line yesterday (saturday) there were so many people most but not all were wearing masks
I got on the overground a few times, no one keeps a distance, people are sitting next to each other but most have masks
The jubilee line is the same as the metropolitan id say but tbh i havent got on that during rush hour yet
Ahh thats really annoying

but i thought people are supposed to wear masks on TFL??

They're supposed to but some people take them off when they get on the train for some reason?!??
Reply 6
Okay this is bit extreme but
1) Do you shower after travelling on the tube?
2) Do you wear gloves on the tube?
I have used the Northern line a couple of times. Almost everyone wears a face covering though some only put it on when they get on the tube train.
1) No... Washing hands is enough

2)

Okay this is bit extreme but
1) Do you shower after travelling on the tube?
2) Do you wear gloves on the tube?

1)Nah washing hands is enough
2) No because sanitising hands means taking off gloves and then putting them back on. If the gloves have corona on the then there's no point of sanitising.
Reply 9
what about a visor guys?
not really the ones they wear in hospitals but like glasses one with just a plastic sheet attached on the front? - im thinking this could be handy when i finish work at 5 and need to get on the tube :redface:
what about a visor guys?
not really the ones they wear in hospitals but like glasses one with just a plastic sheet attached on the front? - im thinking this could be handy when i finish work at 5 and need to get on the tube :redface:

If you want to wear one, wear one. I have never seen anyone wearing those on public transport but I have seen a few wearing them in shops.
Original post by black tea
If you want to wear one, wear one. I have never seen anyone wearing those on public transport but I have seen a few wearing them in shops.

yep! i think this is what I'll do especially because of the recent rise in coronavirus cases :frown: and im going to not care about what people think :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest