Qwert007
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I am chamging my subjects and I need to take another higher. Which one os better to take out of higher Modern Studies and higher Photography
xBeccaPx
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It depends really on what you think will benefit you more. I did Mods last year and loved the subject, mostly essay based and there's a lot of writing but good if you want to go to uni for social science etc. I know some people who did photography and said it was a lot of independent work and can be quite time consuming however is also quite relaxing. But again it comes down to what you're thinking about doing when you leave school
Qwert007
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by xBeccaPx)
It depends really on what you think will benefit you more. I did Mods last year and loved the subject, mostly essay based and there's a lot of writing but good if you want to go to uni for social science etc. I know some people who did photography and said it was a lot of independent work and can be quite time consuming however is also quite relaxing. But again it comes down to what you're thinking about doing when you leave school
Was Modern Studies easy?? I did it as a National 5 but didn’t take it last year.
xBeccaPx
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Qwert007)
Was Modern Studies easy?? I did it as a National 5 but didn’t take it last year.
Once you understand how to write the essays I found it fairly straightforward. Source questions are pretty much the exact same at Nat 5
cchloepx
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Depends what you're looking at doing in the future. Both have their own possible benefits, but I personally loved higher moddies. Great subject. Once you get your head around the essays it's easy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (58)
13.46%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (55)
12.76%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (166)
38.52%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (46)
10.67%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (83)
19.26%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (23)
5.34%

Watched Threads