The Student Room Group

Higher Modern Studies vs Higher Photography

I am chamging my subjects and I need to take another higher. Which one os better to take out of higher Modern Studies and higher Photography
Reply 1
It depends really on what you think will benefit you more. I did Mods last year and loved the subject, mostly essay based and there's a lot of writing but good if you want to go to uni for social science etc. I know some people who did photography and said it was a lot of independent work and can be quite time consuming however is also quite relaxing. But again it comes down to what you're thinking about doing when you leave school :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by xBeccaPx
It depends really on what you think will benefit you more. I did Mods last year and loved the subject, mostly essay based and there's a lot of writing but good if you want to go to uni for social science etc. I know some people who did photography and said it was a lot of independent work and can be quite time consuming however is also quite relaxing. But again it comes down to what you're thinking about doing when you leave school :smile:

Was Modern Studies easy?? I did it as a National 5 but didn’t take it last year.
Reply 3
Original post by Qwert007
Was Modern Studies easy?? I did it as a National 5 but didn’t take it last year.

Once you understand how to write the essays I found it fairly straightforward. Source questions are pretty much the exact same at Nat 5
Depends what you're looking at doing in the future. Both have their own possible benefits, but I personally loved higher moddies. Great subject. Once you get your head around the essays it's easy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending