The Student Room Group

Most important elements of a good personality?

Hi so i’m wondering what are the most important elements of a good personality to you. I know everyone’s different and will have different preferences but i’m just trying to get a good idea of what makes a good personality.

Personally before I use to think personality was how successful you are at engaging into a conversation with someone, so basically your charisma. That’s always been what I have thought was top of a good personality not my preference just what I thought. If anyone wants to list there’s please do so.
Reply 1
Charisma is not the same as being a good conversationalist; people who are quiet can still have plenty of fun and interesting things to say and charm can hide a shallow person. People say Ted Bundy was engaging!

A good personality is loving, caring, trustworthy, respectful, moral, reliable, compassionate, understanding, patient...abd whole lot of other things.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi so i’m wondering what are the most important elements of a good personality to you. I know everyone’s different and will have different preferences but i’m just trying to get a good idea of what makes a good personality.

Personally before I use to think personality was how successful you are at engaging into a conversation with someone, so basically your charisma. That’s always been what I have thought was top of a good personality not my preference just what I thought. If anyone wants to list there’s please do so.

Psychopaths are notoriously charming lmao
No but in my opinion, the best element of a personality is someone's ability to laugh at themselves (ie being secure) - you tend to find those types of people take criticism well, they're comfortable in their own skin and they're funny. They don't feel the need to make fun of others to make themselves feel better. A close second is compassion, I feel like that one doesn't need much explanation.
It has to be dependability caring and compassionate and a good listener
Being calm, caring, sensible, having a reasonable amount of maturity and an awareness that other people have the freedom to hold alternative opinions without being considered targets for aggression/character assassination/harassment or anything illegal.
I always appreciate people who have canine pals and an interest in wildlife or art.
Reply 5
Interesting, thanks for pointing these things out

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending