The Student Room Group

Computer science degree

Hi. Is there any way of getting onto a computer science degree pathway without ALevel maths? Are there universities which accept alternative ALevels, such as physics instead?
Original post by SLLB
Hi. Is there any way of getting onto a computer science degree pathway without ALevel maths? Are there universities which accept alternative ALevels, such as physics instead?

There are a lot of universities which accept applications to CompSci without A Level Maths. There used to be a list on TSR, or you can Google around for info. This is really a "look for yourself" sort of question.
Reply 2
Original post by AcseI
There are a lot of universities which accept applications to CompSci without A Level Maths. There used to be a list on TSR, or you can Google around for info. This is really a "look for yourself" sort of question.

Thanks. I have done lots of research into it but not turned anything up which is why I thought I’d ask what others experienced have been. I’ll look for the list as suggested
Original post by SLLB
Thanks. I have done lots of research into it but not turned anything up which is why I thought I’d ask what others experienced have been. I’ll look for the list as suggested

There's a list here, not sure if it's the one I'm thinking of (EDIT: It is, it's stickied in the CompSci uni subforum) and it's not comprehensive but it's a starting point. More broadly speaking though, it'll be a matter of looking at the pages on the unis own website.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by AcseI
There's a list here, not sure if it's the one I'm thinking of (EDIT: It is, it's stickied in the CompSci uni subforum) and it's not comprehensive but it's a starting point. More broadly speaking though, it'll be a matter of looking at the pages on the unis own website.

Thank you very much for this. I’ll get searching further!
Reply 5
Probably the highest ranked uni that doesn't ask for maths is Lancaster (10th). Swansea is good for computer science and they also don't ask. There are quite a few out there, I'm applying for computer science and didnt want to take maths and I was quite spoiled for choice. Royal Holloway also don't ask but I saw on here that their computer science department struggles a bit, so maybe avoid that (not forgetting Egham is a bit empty)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending