The Student Room Group

Sciences Po | Admissions 2021

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by honeyflavor
i got no email either haha

What did you apply for and did you also submit before the Nov 1st deadline? Maybe it's only the school of international affairs today...
I just got admitted to the Master in International Security! I am in my final year of a bachelor in liberal arts with a 3.77 GPA. I was consistently involved in extra-curricular activities and I have done several internships but none directly related to the security field. There is a FB group called Coaching Sciences po Paris where SP grads can review your personal statement and your CV. Hope it helps :smile:

This is my timeline:

Applied: October 31
Admissible: November 20
Admitted: December 8

best of luck!
Original post by MS00
What did you apply for and did you also submit before the Nov 1st deadline? Maybe it's only the school of international affairs today...

urban school, and yeah before the Nov 1st
I tried to find this Coaching Sciences po group on Facebook but no results appear :frown:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 104
Original post by Dorminhoco
Congratulations to all who got admitted! Could somebody who got admitted to International Security share his / her profile? Just to see if I have any realistic chance at all. =)

Hi! Hopefully, other people lurking on this thread could find this helpful too

Applied: Nov 1
Admissible: Nov 20
Admitted: Dec 8

I actually don't have any related work experience to security, I have more experience translating for refugees in Greece and interning for a couple of human rights NGOs. Studying Arabic with a focus on Middle Eastern politics. My average grade is a UK 1st class honours (a 3.9/4.0 GPA?) and I have a strong proficiency in Arabic, French, and basic Spanish. Active in university societies/clubs, held leadership positions, raised money for charity.

Although I can't speak for the selection committee, personal statements and references are very important. Throughout my personal statement, I linked my academic and professional experiences with my motivations for Sciences Po and studying this particular course, as well as mentioning a career plan for the future. Focus on why you'd be a good fit for Sciences Po and that should shine through. :smile:

Best of luck!
Reply 105
Big time lurker here... Just got admitted into the Master in Environmental Policy. Congrats to everyone who got admitted!
Reply 106
Original post by sebrel
Big time lurker here... Just got admitted into the Master in Environmental Policy. Congrats to everyone who got admitted!

Just now or this morning?
Congratulations to all who got admitted! Could somebody who got admitted to International Security share his / her profile? Just to see if I have any realistic chance at all. =)

Also got admitted to the Master in International Security today :-)

To answer your question: compared to other people on this forum my GPA is not very impressive (around top 25% of my class), so don't worry if your grades aren't perfect. My strengths were probably my international profile (growing up in 3 different countries etc.), very good recommendation letters from two respected profs, some extracurricular activities, as well as an exchange semester at a very good US university. I don't have much professional experience, but the one I have is at an international organization in the field of terrorism, so that was probably relevant too.

Personally, I would emphasise why you want to study International Security. In my experience this is the most important thing when writing a motivational statement - probably even of your whole application. Most people who apply have good grades etc, so what the committee really wants to see is why you want to pursue a career in this field. This could for example be a past experience or a future goal which drives you, just really be sure to provide an emotional hook that resonates with them.

Hope this helps and all the best :-)
Reply 108
Original post by MS00
Just now or this morning?

This morning... but just saw the email
I got admitted to International Security!

My timeline:

Submitted: October 27

From what I've seen in this thread, I have a very similar profile to everyone. Slightly above average grades, very active in student associations and events, two internships in government, involved in extracurricular activities at my University. I strongly agree with these very well put statements:

Original post by mgm24
[...]
Although I can't speak for the selection committee, personal statements and references are very important. Throughout my personal statement, I linked my academic and professional experiences with my motivations for Sciences Po and studying this particular course, as well as mentioning a career plan for the future. Focus on why you'd be a good fit for Sciences Po and that should shine through. :smile:

Original post by jokler777
[...]
Personally, I would emphasise why you want to study International Security. In my experience this is the most important thing when writing a motivational statement - probably even of your whole application. Most people who apply have good grades etc, so what the committee really wants to see is why you want to pursue a career in this field. This could for example be a past experience or a future goal which drives you, just really be sure to provide an emotional hook that resonates with them.

I also can't speak for the committee, but I feel like the strongest part of my application was my personal statement. I've been writing mine ever since I decided to apply to Sciences Po in 2018 and I devoted a significant amount of time in making sure that it faithfully reflected my path, aspirations, ideas, plans for the future and the reasoning for my admission to the program.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 110
Also a major lurker here - just got admitted for International Economic Policy!

My timeline:
Submitted: November 1
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 111
I just got admitted to the master's program in Public Policy (School of Public Affairs)

My timeline:
Submitted: October 23

Good luck to everyone applying!
I tried to find this Coaching Sciences po group on Facebook but no results appear :frown:

It’s a private group called Coaching Sciences Po Paris Master 2021 :smile:
I just got admitted to the Master in Communications, Media and Creative Industries!

My timeline
Submitted: October 16

Good luck to everyone!
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 114
Just got admitted to the Master in Economic Law!

Applied: October 31
Admissible: November 21

Best o luck to the ones waiting!
Hey! Congratulations! Did you give an interview or something of that sort? If so, can you give pointers? Also, did you apply for the emile boutmy scholarship?
Original post by SachaMia
It’s a private group called Coaching Sciences Po Paris Master 2021 :smile:

Cant seem to find it. Can you share the link perhaps?
*Repost*
Hi guys, Ali here, Congrats! I am so happy for those of you who got admitted, and the best of luck with other applications for those who get a negative response.
I got admitted to MS International Security at PSIA, I have created two Facebook groups for us to communicate, **Sciences Po Masters Admitted Students (2021-2023)** and **Sciences Po PSIA Admitted Students (2021-2023)**.
I feel it is much more practical to communicate there than here, also, it would be more inclusive (French students, International etc..).
cheers,
Ali
Original post by adyakumar
Cant seem to find it. Can you share the link perhaps?

Sorry I tried to share it but my post has been declined :/
Original post by SachaMia
Sorry I tried to share it but my post has been declined :/

Me too! no links allowed :mad:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending