The Student Room Group

No one follows the covid rules at my uni and it scares me

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I will not let the government control us I also believe China are deliberately sending people to this country to infect people

Ok so you’re a troll :lol: :borat:
Original post by Chopinnocturne31
Ok so you’re a troll :lol: :borat:

You are just a denier
Reply 22
I will not let the government control us I also believe China are deliberately sending people to this country to infect people

So do you care about infections or not?
As much as I agree that they’re arrogant hypocrites, it doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be following the rules. It’s incredibly selfish to not follow the rules; just imagine how many people might die because you couldn’t bear not going to a few parties

What disease would you prefer they died of, if not Covid?
Original post by Pathway
Sad fact is a lot of people don't care, our lives don't matter. It's why a lot of shielders (myself included) are still shielding despite it being paused.

I genuinely can’t understand how people don’t care :facepalm: it’s other people’s lives at risk, not a game. I’m sure if it was them, they’d be complaining that no one cares about them more than anyone is at the moment
Original post by Sinnoh
So do you care about infections or not?

I do and I don't, I don't because I want to live my life to the full, I do because of how stupid and careless China are
Original post by Sathonsilom
What disease would you prefer they died of, if not Covid?

Errr are you really that ignorant? :lol: they are unlikely to die of any other disease, which is why they don’t shield when covid is not around.
But what you’re saying is, they are going to die anyway, why should I care??? I suppose you’re going to die anyway so it doesn’t matter if you get murdered at a young age or die of natural causes at old age right?

Sorry to break it you but the government control everything you do already. Your tax, the price of your food, your clothes, your education, the price you pay for that education, the transport you take, the products you buy, the ideologies you adhere to. You being selfish and lacking common sense doesn't mean you aren't letting the government control you, it just means you're an idiot.
I genuinely can’t understand how people don’t care :facepalm: it’s other people’s lives at risk, not a game. I’m sure if it was them, they’d be complaining that no one cares about them more than anyone is at the moment

I don't either, but it is what it is - nothing will change their mind save for if they became ill with long COVID or lost someone they cared for. Some people still won't care because they're too self-absorbed and think their lives are more important than someone else's, even though we are all equal and we need to help each other out. :dontknow:
Original post by Pathway
I don't either, but it is what it is - nothing will change their mind save for if they became ill with long COVID or lost someone they cared for. Some people still won't care because they're too self-absorbed and think their lives are more important than someone else's, even though we are all equal and we need to help each other out. :dontknow:

Prsom. It’s actually sad that we live in a society where so many people don’t care about and think they are above others :no:
There’s two ways of going about this:

1) Mind your own business, wear a face mask in populated areas and keep a social distance and you probably won’t get the virus and even if you do, it’s no where near deadly for young/healthy people.

2) You don’t mind being hated/ called a snitch. Go all out, record parties with your phone camera, send it to the Univeristy, dailymail, the sun, bbc... Call the security and/or the police every time there’s a party.
I would call you a snitch too no one has the right to stop us living our lives, for the record I been to about 3 parties and one I organised and had sex

Fairs that you want to, but be respectful to the others who are trying to follow correct guidelines.
Errr are you really that ignorant? :lol: they are unlikely to die of any other disease, which is why they don’t shield when covid is not around.
But what you’re saying is, they are going to die anyway, why should I care??? I suppose you’re going to die anyway so it doesn’t matter if you get murdered at a young age or die of natural causes at old age right?

Its a extremely non fatal disease, despite the growing number of cases. Waiting inside for a year is only going to kick the can down the road. Once you become exposed again you will still face the same risk of a whole range of airborne diseases, only this time much worse given the lack of developed immunity through cowering inside. Restricting life to this extent has no real benefit ultimately, many life outcomes are out of our control in the end.
What you want to turn the country/area into the police state? Well Russia turned into a police state during the COVID.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Sathonsilom
Its a extremely non fatal disease, despite the growing number of cases. Waiting inside for a year is only going to kick the can down the road. Once you become exposed again you will still face the same risk of a whole range of airborne diseases, only this time much worse given the lack of developed immunity through cowering inside. Restricting life to this extent has no real benefit ultimately, many life outcomes are out of our control in the end.

Are you really so self absorbed that you don’t realise that this disease is potentially fatal for those at high risk? Many are out of our control but many also are in our control, yet you and others like you choose to ignore it because it’s the easy thing to do and “it doesn’t concern you” so you don’t care
As much as I agree that they’re arrogant hypocrites, it doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be following the rules. It’s incredibly selfish to not follow the rules; just imagine how many people might die because you couldn’t bear not going to a few parties

I totally agree and I follow the rules strictly, it's just those MPs really get to me the way they act like the rules are different for them.
Reply 36
Are you really so self absorbed that you don’t realise that this disease is potentially fatal for those at high risk? Many are out of our control but many also are in our control, yet you and others like you choose to ignore it because it’s the easy thing to do and “it doesn’t concern you” so you don’t care

Ok so which disease is appropriate for them to die of then.? These are obviously strapping individuals who only really need to worry about this one disease rather than flu ever winter, having a job/community and so on.
Original post by chopingirl
I totally agree and I follow the rules strictly, it's just those MPs really get to me the way they act like the rules are different for them.

Oh I 100% agree with you. Prsom :smile:
Reply 38
Original post by Pathway

But yet it wasn't selfish and self absorbed of the BLM to conduct their multiple mass parades early on in the pandemic? All of which still haven't ended.

A few students drinking and ****ing is not wildly risky compared to an entire city centre being rammed solid.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Ekkamai
Ok so which disease is appropriate for them to die of then.? These are obviously strapping individuals who only really need to worry about this one disease rather than flu ever winter, having a job/community and so on.

They obviously haven’t died of other diseases up until now. I don’t know enough to comment properly but if they have been fine until covid, then it’s obviously just covid causing problems. Covid is highly infectious and very serious in these people. Anyway, high risk people get flu jabs to reduce the risk of that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending