The Student Room Group

Funding for a second degree

Could you please tell if any of the following degrees are eligible for the part time second degree funding. I already have an FdSc and would like to retrain, I know I can study the following degrees on a part time basis.

FdSc Psychology and Counselling Skills at South Devon College, course code 3PWC

FdSc Psychology and Criminology at South Devon College, course code 3PCR

FdSc Animal Science at South Devon College, course code D300

FdSc Rural Regeneration and Land Management at Bicton College.

Would any of these be allowed as a second degree.
Thank you
Original post by Koolkat89
Could you please tell if any of the following degrees are eligible for the part time second degree funding. I already have an FdSc and would like to retrain, I know I can study the following degrees on a part time basis.

FdSc Psychology and Counselling Skills at South Devon College, course code 3PWC

FdSc Psychology and Criminology at South Devon College, course code 3PCR

FdSc Animal Science at South Devon College, course code D300

FdSc Rural Regeneration and Land Management at Bicton College.

Would any of these be allowed as a second degree.
Thank you

Hi there, our part time applications and guidelines don't launch until around Summer. I have checked the course codes that you have provided and these show only as a full time option there isn't any part time options showing. This can be normal as the universities don't tend to update the database until the applications launch in Summer. I would advise to discuss your options with the university that you would like to attend and then check back with us in Summer once they have launched and we can check the course eligibility.

Thanks, Karen
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Karen
Hi there, our part time applications and guidelines don't launch until around Summer. I have checked the course codes that you have provided and these show only as a full time option there isn't any part time options showing. This can be normal as the universities don't tend to update the database until the applications launch in Summer. I would advise to discuss your options with the university that you would like to attend and then check back with us in Summer once they have launched and we can check the course eligibility.

Thanks, Karen

Thank you, could you tell me if I would be eligible for a final top up year to a different BSc if I have already had to withdraw from one? I wanted to suspend but was told I couldn't due to it being a 3rd attempt (this was mainly due to covid) there is a different BSC top up that I would love to do but I am unsure if I would get funding for it?
Thank you, could you tell me if I would be eligible for a final top up year to a different BSc if I have already had to withdraw from one? I wanted to suspend but was told I couldn't due to it being a 3rd attempt (this was mainly due to covid) there is a different BSC top up that I would love to do but I am unsure if I would get funding for it?

Hi there,

Can you please confirm in total how many years of previous study you currently have? Apart form your Foundation degree do you have any other degrees?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 4
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

Can you please confirm in total how many years of previous study you currently have? Apart form your Foundation degree do you have any other degrees?

Thanks, Graeme

I have 2 years foundation degree and then I went on to complete a top up BSc 1 year course, I started this course twice but both times had to suspend, the first due to health reasons, then the second due to covid. The university then gave everyone affected by covid a free resit year, Covid hit again and I had to suspend, I returned in 2022/2023 and then due to mental health ended up withdrawing from the course. I want to do a different top up final year but don't know if I can get funding or whether I would be better off starting a new degree altogether.
Kate
I have 2 years foundation degree and then I went on to complete a top up BSc 1 year course, I started this course twice but both times had to suspend, the first due to health reasons, then the second due to covid. The university then gave everyone affected by covid a free resit year, Covid hit again and I had to suspend, I returned in 2022/2023 and then due to mental health ended up withdrawing from the course. I want to do a different top up final year but don't know if I can get funding or whether I would be better off starting a new degree altogether.
Kate

Thank you.

Did you previously send CPR evidence in 22/23 when you returned or was the course funded for you? If you CPR evidence then you should be eligible to return to do the final year. I have enclosed further information below regarding what CPR is

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/going-back-to-uni-or-repeating-a-year

Thanks, Jason
Reply 6
Original post by SFE Jason
Thank you.

Did you previously send CPR evidence in 22/23 when you returned or was the course funded for you? If you CPR evidence then you should be eligible to return to do the final year. I have enclosed further information below regarding what CPR is

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/going-back-to-uni-or-repeating-a-year

Thanks, Jason

Apologies, I'm not sure what CPR evidence is? I had to send evidence before I started in 2022/2023 for exceptional circumstances and then SFE funded that year. I asked my university to let me suspend but they said that as I had previously suspended 3 times, they wouldn't allow a 4th time even though 2 of the times was due to COVID and outside of my control, and I had to withdraw.
I don't mind self funding it if I have to, I just don't know if I would eb eligible for any funding from SFE at all?
Thanks
Apologies, I'm not sure what CPR evidence is? I had to send evidence before I started in 2022/2023 for exceptional circumstances and then SFE funded that year. I asked my university to let me suspend but they said that as I had previously suspended 3 times, they wouldn't allow a 4th time even though 2 of the times was due to COVID and outside of my control, and I had to withdraw.
I don't mind self funding it if I have to, I just don't know if I would eb eligible for any funding from SFE at all?
Thanks

Hi there,

CPR is Compelling Personal Reasons why you didn't complete your previous course. Jason has provided a link above to explain this.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending