The Student Room Group

Changing courses at uni

I want to change my course at uni, however most uni’s have finished clearing. So my questions are : would I be able to apply to uni in January whilst still being enrolled at my current uni? If so, when I leave my current university to go to a different one how will this affect my finances? Will I still be eligible for a maintenance loan and a tuition loan? Will I owe student finances any money immediately? As my plan is to apply to a different uni in January, complete my first year ( just incase I end up enjoying this course) and then just move universities and start a different course in September 2021 however I’m unsure how this will affect my finances.
Original post by nicolegrace1207
I want to change my course at uni, however most uni’s have finished clearing. So my questions are : would I be able to apply to uni in January whilst still being enrolled at my current uni? If so, when I leave my current university to go to a different one how will this affect my finances? Will I still be eligible for a maintenance loan and a tuition loan? Will I owe student finances any money immediately? As my plan is to apply to a different uni in January, complete my first year ( just incase I end up enjoying this course) and then just move universities and start a different course in September 2021 however I’m unsure how this will affect my finances.

if you just did a straight transfer then you shouldn't have an overpayment
Original post by claireestelle
if you just did a straight transfer then you shouldn't have an overpayment

So I need to ensure I finish my full 1st year before “dropping out” and going to a different uni for 2021 entry?
Original post by nicolegrace1207
So I need to ensure I finish my full 1st year before “dropping out” and going to a different uni for 2021 entry?

Yes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending