The Student Room Group

Can I get onto an MSc without relevant work experience

Backstory is I've done a BSc in biochemistry now looking to do an MSc in clinical biochemistry, I completed my BSc a year ago and have been working ever since in the retail job I had during uni. I feel like I've wasted those three years at uni because I haven't done anything towards a career, only deciding on what I wanted to do quite recently.

Will they consider my application without any relevant work experience? The website says applicants should be able to demonstrate relevant work experience but I'm not sure how essential they consider this. Any insight would be much appreciated !
(edited 3 years ago)
From what I can tell, there's only two unis in the UK (Manchester and Manchester Met) which offer clinical biochemistry as an MSc, and neither of them require relevant work experience in your situation. They only ask for relevant work experience if your undergrad was not in a sufficiently relevant topic.
Reply 2
Manchester was the one I was looking at yeah, it did say on the website applicants should have relevant work experience but it was very vague, thankyou for putting my mind at ease !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending