The Student Room Group

Uni application / requirements

If a university is asking for BBB and I have achieved BBC, will they completley disregard my application and not look at it? Or is there a chance that I could still get in if my personal statemnet and interview are good enough? I appreciate any help!
(edited 3 years ago)
No its not for medicine, I don't know how to change the forum
Reply 2
If you have already achieved your grades and are taking a gap year now, many universities will consider you but it depends hugely on the university and the course you're applying to. Contact the universities and they should clarify if your course will accept it. If possible apply to courses with a range of requirements (so maybe have 2 or 3 that you definitely meet the academic requirements for). Good luck :smile:
Thank you, I wanted it in either nursing or applications/UCAS!
Original post by ameliaagraceex
If a university is asking for BBB and I have achieved BBC, will they completley disregard my application and not look at it? Or is there a chance that I could still get in if my personal statemnet and interview are good enough? I appreciate any help!

It depends on how competitive the course is. Generally yes they will consider near miss students.
Can I ask what course & uni ?
Reply 5
Nursing takes your interview and personal statement into account as well so if you do well in these they might consider your application still. It depends on whether you meet other requirements too (satisfactory DBS clearance, Maths & English requirements, Medical check clearance etc), or if the grade which doesn’t match their requirements is in a subject they require :smile:
Maybe contact the uni to check!
Original post by mnot
It depends on how competitive the course is. Generally yes they will consider near miss students.
Can I ask what course & uni ?

I want to study Adult Nursing and my first choice us Kings College London. I have lots of heath care work experience and i am hoping that they take into consideration that i didn't actually sit my exams (because of corona)...
Original post by moosec
Nursing takes your interview and personal statement into account as well so if you do well in these they might consider your application still. It depends on whether you meet other requirements too (satisfactory DBS clearance, Maths & English requirements, Medical check clearance etc), or if the grade which doesn’t match their requirements is in a subject they require :smile:
Maybe contact the uni to check!

Thank you for responding! I am already DBS checked and have lots of work experience in health care! Because of corona, i didn't get to actually sit my exams, so hopefully they take that into consideration.
Original post by KNW
If you have already achieved your grades and are taking a gap year now, many universities will consider you but it depends hugely on the university and the course you're applying to. Contact the universities and they should clarify if your course will accept it. If possible apply to courses with a range of requirements (so maybe have 2 or 3 that you definitely meet the academic requirements for). Good luck :smile:

Thank you! I really appreciate your response :smile:
I want to study Adult Nursing and my first choice us Kings College London. I have lots of heath care work experience and i am hoping that they take into consideration that i didn't actually sit my exams (because of corona)...

The average student on this course does achieve BBB at A-level so perhaps it might be harder.
https://www.theuniguide.co.uk/kings-college-london-university-of-london-k60/courses/nursing-with-registration-as-an-adult-nurse-bsc-hons-2021-96d59c4fb1c0

I would email admissions to see their policy and make sure its not a wasted application but if you apply to 5 unis you can have 1 or 2 ambitious ones.

The simple answer to your question is

Don't give up

If you asked me what should you do, I'd say improve on the grades first, I know it may seem down hearting but look at it like this!

You are on a mission to improve yourself through education & the best way to do that is to set everything else aside & really be committed to improving those grade's first, but keep your test results of now, to go with your application later!

University isn't going anywhere, they've been around for hundreds of years & although there is a level of discrimination for classes, more so in the past.

If you go back & study hard, & resit the exam for at least the C, but if it were me, I'd do them all, but study hard, & I mean hard, then when you qualify with an A & you look back, you will see what I mean.

University is a place in which you have to prove your willingness to learn, which takes commitment & it means leaving all futile things aside, like going out to the clubs, or going out with your friends, what your friends are going to help you to pass your course.

I've watched so many people in my life, who simply don't get the message behind education particularly when it comes to university, because even in university, or should I say more so in university than colleges, you have to prove that you can go and do the work on your own.

Lecturers come in & talk about the subject matter, my advice is information is power, & you can become empowered by taking whatever subject matter it is that you want to study & read.

But first of all you've got something very important to prove, that you you can go back restudy what you got your BBC in & increase those grades, it shows commitment, it shows that when you get kicked down, you will pick yourself up, brush yourself down, realising doing futile things only stands in your way of achieving your goals.

By re-studying & resetting those exams, will be great for your mission statement into university, that BBC was not good enough for you, & before applying to university, you wanted to go back & resit those exams & you will & the marks will be better if you study harder & put your career first, put yourself first, & by the way no one saying don't have a life, what I'm saying is prioritise your life, prove to that university that what you had in your mind was not good enough so you went back studied harder and got better results, so that you could go to that university and show them that you are committed to their program of what fundamentally is teaching yourself!

I had a very lonely life as a student & I offered other students to join me in study groups, they declined, but in the end I had the higher scores, I created cards called prompt cards/flash cards, which I read over & over again, I read books only of a fact based nature & I studied hard, in the end, I realised that I was alone, but I was the higher achiever!

But find a mentally everything before university is a journey & that journey, is your proof, that you can attend that university and do it without other people's help.

Because lecturers will only give you so much time, because the principles of university, is that you are teaching yourself & you have to understand the demands on a university course, the assignments, the tests, everything in relation to that university absorbs your life & the one thing that you should always remember, you want to go out for a beer, do your homework first, do the groundwork first, get that assessment finished, or do it section by section, then go for your beer!

Going out with people in university binge drinking it's not going to work for you, some people at university come from private backgrounds, some private education, so it is more important for those who are not of a privileged life to take university seriously!

To prove that you can do just as well as them! If they fail, they've got something to fall back on, in some cases that even got the money to start all over again.

I'm basically saying to you if at first you don't succeed try try again, BBC should not be good enough for you, at this point who cares about the university, it's not good enough for you, so go back restudy & take your tests again & you might surprise yourself!
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending