The Student Room Group

UCAS IELTS Requirement

Hi
I am an international applicant applying for UK universities this year. I have already taken my IELTS exam and got an overall 8. However, my individual components vary a lot as my results are 6.7, 7.0, 8.5, and 9.0 in individual bands. Would that matter in my UCAS application?

And also, if I am applying to a course that has minimum IELTS requirement of, for example, 7 in overall and 6.5 in individual band, will they rank applicants based on IELTS results or would it be fine as long as I meet the minimum requirement?
Original post by ddii
Hi
I am an international applicant applying for UK universities this year. I have already taken my IELTS exam and got an overall 8. However, my individual components vary a lot as my results are 6.7, 7.0, 8.5, and 9.0 in individual bands. Would that matter in my UCAS application?

Unis will state whether they require an overall score only, or specific scores in the componetents as well. You need to check the english language requirement pages for the unis you are applying to/considering.

Original post by ddii
And also, if I am applying to a course that has minimum IELTS requirement of, for example, 7 in overall and 6.5 in individual band, will they rank applicants based on IELTS results or would it be fine as long as I meet the minimum requirement?

English language is usually just a requirement that you meet, or you don't. I'm not aware of any uni that uses it as part of the selection process.
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
Unis will state whether they require an overall score only, or specific scores in the componetents as well. You need to check the english language requirement pages for the unis you are applying to/considering.

English language is usually just a requirement that you meet, or you don't. I'm not aware of any uni that uses it as part of the selection process.

Alright thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending