The Student Room Group

Is it worth saying this in my SAQ for engineering at Cambridge

I took maths, physics and computer science as a levels. I chose to do computer science over further maths because from my research into aerospace engineering, computer are very involved in the industry and i thought this would be a benefit to me. I didn’t realise how much universities like further maths, so i self studied the core pure 1 and further mechanics 1 modules at home since it was too late to switch subjects.

Is this worth mentioning in my SAQ under the “was you able to take the subjects you wanted to” section? I worry it may sound a bit negative and disadvantage my application.
So you can for sure say something to this regard, but I'd really advise you to change the wording around. Twist it so that it sounds like an optimistic individual. Also, really you should take this thread down. I',m not sure if SAQs are checked for plagiarism, if they are and you put that in, there'll be some red flags. If you really want admissions help, email me > [email protected]
Reply 2
Would it be better if I took away the negative aspect and just said I decided to just self study the relevant modules to engineering on the side? I sent an email thanksAnd thanks for the tip I’ll remove this post soon
Original post by jt4213
Would it be better if I took away the negative aspect and just said I decided to just self study the relevant modules to engineering on the side? I sent an email thanksAnd thanks for the tip I’ll remove this post soon

The issue with doing that is it takes the focus away from the actual question within the SAQ. So it is important for you to consider that aspect. Check the email i sent you for more!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending