The Student Room Group

Realistically what universities should I be aiming to go to

I graduated from UCL with a 2.1 in economics in 2019 and also spent a year on exchange at Dartmouth in the states. I am currently working as an actuary but don't enjoy it and am thinking about taking a different path in life. I enjoy the qualitative side to economics more than the quantitative side and am looking at masters along a similar line.

I am looking at universities in the UK, USA and Hong Kong. I don't have a lot of life savings so would realistically lean towards staying in the UK. What are my best options - Warwick and UCL?
Reply 1
Original post by Follett18
I graduated from UCL with a 2.1 in economics in 2019 and also spent a year on exchange at Dartmouth in the states. I am currently working as an actuary but don't enjoy it and am thinking about taking a different path in life. I enjoy the qualitative side to economics more than the quantitative side and am looking at masters along a similar line.

I am looking at universities in the UK, USA and Hong Kong. I don't have a lot of life savings so would realistically lean towards staying in the UK. What are my best options - Warwick and UCL?

just a question as im curious, but how come you didn't try investment banking?
Reply 2
Original post by Raja12
just a question as im curious, but how come you didn't try investment banking?

It just didn't appeal to me. Studying economics at UCL it is the main focus of most students so I tried out numerous societies, insight days etc but I never found it interesting.
Reply 3
Original post by Follett18
It just didn't appeal to me. Studying economics at UCL it is the main focus of most students so I tried out numerous societies, insight days etc but I never found it interesting.

wow you're a different breed hahaha. most people would go into investment banking straight after

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending