The Student Room Group

Raf medical TMU

I did my raf phone medical with capita yesterday and got an email today saying I’m TMU because they want to write to my go about ear infections I had as a child. Is TMU a common occurrence, she said it’s likely to be fine but just concerned as to how strict they are?
Original post by Joe0902
I did my raf phone medical with capita yesterday and got an email today saying I’m TMU because they want to write to my go about ear infections I had as a child. Is TMU a common occurrence, she said it’s likely to be fine but just concerned as to how strict they are?

Relatively common. You'll be asked for supporting evidence which will be outlined on your letter stating you are TMU. Provide the evidence and see how it goes.
Reply 2
Of course they are strict; it's the Armed Forces. The medical standards are based on studies about the effects of certain medical conditions on an individual and the likelihood of reoccurrence. However, no-one can advise on what will happen in your case other than the medical professionals.
Reply 3
Anyone had any luck chasing up capita giving the current covid climate? Numerous emails ignored despite being passed on to the relevant department by their general enquiries email. No one answers the phone at present either.
I’ve got my THA on Friday ( telephone health assessment ) with the RAF. What questions will they ask?? I am very worried about this as I have some problems on my record

Quick Reply

Latest