The Student Room Group

Edinburgh Napier Midwifery 2021

Hey,
Is anyone looking to apply for midwifery at Edinburgh Napier this year. Would love to hear from others.

Scroll to see replies

I applied and made a long guided tour two years ago, it was a very smooth Nursing uni, very modern simulation of an NHS facility, (in the outer suburbs of Edinburgh, not a very exciting part of the city) they were very welcoming & I completely enjoyed my tour there. The absolute contrast was Dundee university (Kirkcaldy campus) which was a classical NHS facility, not a simulation, it’s great that Scotland has so many choices.
Hey! I’m applying for midwifery at Napier along with RGU and UWS :smile:
Hey I’m applying for the same three as Gemma, also there’s a Snapchat group for people applying for midwifery this year in Scotland if you’re interested : )

You’ve been invited to join the group “Midwifery applicants 2021” on Snapchat. Tap the link to join! https://www.snapchat.com/invite/MWE2MjljYjItOTlkYy0zMTYyLThiYzAtYzEyOTBhOGVlYmM3/Njg5ODdlMWMtZjNlMy00NGQ5LWI3MDQtZGM5MDg2YTNhMWY0
Hey! I’ve applied for midwifery at Napier, I got rejected from rgu as I applied for nursing and midwifery so I knew I wouldn’t be picked over people who are doong midwifery but hope I get an interview for Napier :frown:
Original post by Chestnut3636
Hey! I’ve applied for midwifery at Napier, I got rejected from rgu as I applied for nursing and midwifery so I knew I wouldn’t be picked over people who are doong midwifery but hope I get an interview for Napier :frown:

That’s not so good about rgu, but all you need is for one uni to give you good news, fingers crossed for Napier! When did you hear back from rgu if you don’t mind me asking? x
Original post by Gemma2681
That’s not so good about rgu, but all you need is for one uni to give you good news, fingers crossed for Napier! When did you hear back from rgu if you don’t mind me asking? x

I heard back from rgu a couple weeks ago xx
I heard back from rgu a couple weeks ago xx

I thought they would’ve waited until the deadline, that’s strange. Are you in the Facebook groupchat for Scottish applicants? xx
Hey! I’ve applied for Napier this year too as well as RGU and UWS, Napier is my first choice though. Have you got Snapchat or messenger? There’s a few groups on there too for Scottish midwifery applicants with most applying/having applied to Napier too :smile:
Original post by Gemma2681
I thought they would’ve waited until the deadline, that’s strange. Are you in the Facebook groupchat for Scottish applicants? xx

Oh no?!!? What’s the link I’ll join it 😊😊
Original post by Ellie.mac101
Hey! I’ve applied for Napier this year too as well as RGU and UWS, Napier is my first choice though. Have you got Snapchat or messenger? There’s a few groups on there too for Scottish midwifery applicants with most applying/having applied to Napier too :smile:

Did you apply for nursing aswell or just midwifery?😊 I don’t think I’ll get in because I applied to nursing aswell but I am an eager applicant for it still
Oh no?!!? What’s the link I’ll join it 😊😊

I’ve sent you a message as I couldn’t find a link for it! x
Did you apply for nursing aswell or just midwifery?😊 I don’t think I’ll get in because I applied to nursing aswell but I am an eager applicant for it still

Sorry only seen this now, I only applied for Midwifery. Which did you focus on more in your statement? If it was Midwifery I’m sure you’ll be fine xx
Hello, just wondering if anyone has heard back from Napier yet?? :smile:
Original post by Unicornfluff
Hello, just wondering if anyone has heard back from Napier yet?? :smile:

Nope xx I haven’t :frown: x

I'll just keep refreshing my Gmail 5 00 000 000 times a day 🤣

I'll just keep refreshing my Gmail 5 00 000 000 times a day 🤣

I wouldn't panic as they will get back to you when they ready to and I know its not easy waiting to hear about any interviews for this but just be patience till they contact yous okay x I'm sure you will hear sooner than later for this information x
I didn't when I was waiting as they eventually get to yous one way or another.
So glad I've found this thread...also waiting for news from Napier and nothing 😱 every time my phone goes off I have a mini heart attack! Good luck everyone!
Original post by Laurick28
So glad I've found this thread...also waiting for news from Napier and nothing 😱 every time my phone goes off I have a mini heart attack! Good luck everyone!

:smile: not sure I've ever been so nervous/excited about anything in my life! Not even exam results!! :argh:
:smile: not sure I've ever been so nervous/excited about anything in my life! Not even exam results!! :argh:

Why are you feeling so nervous about as I'm sure you'll be even more nerve wrecking once you sitting exams / assignments for midwifing as that is more nerve wrecking than school exams results x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending