The Student Room Group

To delete instagram account or not?

Is it worth it for me to delete my insta account? I don't like how I'm addicted to it and I don't want to see certain people on the app due to bad life experiences.

On the other hand, I fear that me deleting my account will result in me losing contact with my childhood school mates.

What does TSR suggest? I'm 23 btw. and I'm keeping my fitness account that's it
Reply 1
Simply put - weigh them up. Can you use a different messenger to stay in contact? Could you make arrangements to call friends at certain times in the day? Could you plan further and arrange dinner once a week? (If you don't)

A lot of children, including my sister, get so caught up in main-stream things that their ego sky-rockets. Not to worry - they'll either continue their ways or succumb to their senses. If you are addicted - notice how un-mindful staring at a screen really is. Movies and temporary time watching something you enjoy and may be productive to benefit your conscious evolution is perfectly fine. If you know yourself you are facing addiction, question why - is it likes? Scrolling mindlessly? Pick out the addictive thing - maybe make your own content for instagram. Hope I helped.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending