The Student Room Group

Tuition fee liability (URGENT)

I changed my university course and wasn’t entitled for SFE to cover my tuition fee and I’m unable to pay this figure.

I was just wondering if anyone has been in this place, and whether the university would be open for me to pay in monthly instalments over a period of time - or are they stringent with when it’s paid? Ie it has to be completed in the same academic year?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Gullyx-
I changed my university course and wasn’t entitled for SFE to cover my tuition fee and I’m unable to pay this figure.

I was just wondering if anyone has been in this place, and whether the university would be open for me to pay in monthly instalments over a period of time - or are they stringent with when it’s payed? Ie it has to be completed in the same academic year?

Yeah, I think it would be unlikely the uni would allow you to pay past the end of course, but you could ask although I think it's unlikely.
The courses cost a lot and they could lose a lot of money if you don't pay, they may let you pay monthly throughout the course, but I don't think they would after the course has finished
Original post by Gullyx-

I was just wondering if anyone has been in this place, and whether the university would be open for me to pay in monthly instalments over a period of time - or are they stringent with when it’s payed? Ie it has to be completed in the same academic year?

Why did you start a course that you can't pay for? Would you start a restaurant meal that you can't pay for?

You needed to ask about when you could pay before starting.

It's paid, not "payed".
You may be able to pay in instalments, but the regulations and payment plans for self-paying students will differ between universities so you need to contact your university’s fee & income office and ask. You will have to pay the fees within the same academic year - if you don’t, you’ll be in arrears and will have to face the consequences (I.e. warnings and possible expulsion).
Original post by Mesopotamian.
You may be able to pay in instalments, but the regulations and payment plans for self-paying students will differ between universities so you need to contact your university’s fee & income office and ask. You will have to pay the fees within the same academic year - if you don’t, you’ll be in arrears and will have to face the consequences (I.e. warnings and possible expulsion).

Yeah, you also aren't allowed to graduate/ receive the certificate until you have fully paid the course and do not owe them any more money. So if a payment plan was set up, you would still need to have paid it all by the ned of your course
Reply 5
The uni said I could pay over the remainder of my time at university, so it should be fine
Original post by Gullyx-
The uni said I could pay over the remainder of my time at university, so it should be fine

I'm glad that it worked out for you, this time. Next time, please arrange how (and when) you're going to pay, before incurring a debt. It could save you a lot of stress.

We all make mistakes, and need to learn from them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending