The Student Room Group

HO Compliance Caseworker HMRC

Scroll to see replies

I interviewed for Liverpool on 22/06 and scored 35, emailed me today to say I’m 3rd of 38 on the list currently. If that’s of any use to anybody!
Just got an update on my position for Stratford. I'm 4th of 69, up from 12th of 79 a month ago. I read that as they have recruited ten, and two ahead of me pulled out? So hard to figure!
Original post by OctopusW
Just got an update on my position for Stratford. I'm 4th of 69, up from 12th of 79 a month ago. I read that as they have recruited ten, and two ahead of me pulled out? So hard to figure!

That's good news. It does keep one's hopes alive. Hopefully you'll receive an offer soon.
Original post by ODCM96
I interviewed for Liverpool on 22/06 and scored 35, emailed me today to say I’m 3rd of 38 on the list currently. If that’s of any use to anybody!

Well done! Thanks for the update. You're very high up the merit list, which should be reassuring :-)
Original post by OctopusW

Excellent...nearly there 👍
Original post by Sharleen2988
1 SO went to G7 another went on level transfer the rest were HO promotions. I was told years ago to expect success on promotion every 5 years, obviously this depends on the roles and what competencies you have gained at the next grade up. I have been in for 17 years I started as an AO after uni and have had 5 different band O jobs over the years for me it suited me to stay at that grade because I got married and had a child so I went on a term time contract. But if you work hard there is no reason you can’t move through the ranks.

I applied and interviewed for both band O and band HO vacancies. Having received feedback from my HO interview last week, I have today received feedback from my O interview. Two days ago, I was advised that I was 13th of 31 on the HO merit list, having scored 34. My O interview feedback scored me at 31 and I would expect that places me quite high on that merit list.

Hypothetically, if I were to receive and accept an offer for the band O role, would my name remain on the merit list for the HO role?
Original post by BigEazy
That's good news. It does keep one's hopes alive. Hopefully you'll receive an offer soon.

Hope so mate! And thank you. They will take the time they take I think, long as it works out in the end I guess!
Original post by BigEazy
I applied and interviewed for both band O and band HO vacancies. Having received feedback from my HO interview last week, I have today received feedback from my O interview. Two days ago, I was advised that I was 13th of 31 on the HO merit list, having scored 34. My O interview feedback scored me at 31 and I would expect that places me quite high on that merit list.

Hypothetically, if I were to receive and accept an offer for the band O role, would my name remain on the merit list for the HO role?

Well done, Absolutely, you won’t be removed unless you with draw, I have heard of people taking the O and a few weeks later getting an offer for the HO HMRC don’t block a promotional move.
Original post by BigEazy

Yes
Original post by ODCM96

I'm considerably lower down the list than you. So keep us informed if and when u receive an offer.
Original post by Bishop_muzorewa
I'm considerably lower down the list than you. So keep us informed if and when u receive an offer.

I will do!
Reply 1191
Hi everyone,

I just got my interview today. Where did you check your scoring from the interview?
Original post by luzo
Hi everyone,

I just got my interview today. Where did you check your scoring from the interview?

A couple of weeks after whenever the last interview date is
Original post by etwelve
DBS sent off today, hoping for things to clear quickly. Verifile seemed pretty on top of things.

To those working in Stratford, are you planning on moving into London, and which areas are you considering? Done a lot of window shopping on Rightmove, great way to fill the waiting time.

Where do you live? I applied for Birmingham and live in the West Midlands but moved here from London a couple years ago.

I suppose it would mostly depend on how often one would be expected to work from the office post covid. I understand that home working will be set at a minimum of 2 days a week, with any additional WFH being subject to local arrangements. How long are you prepared to commute? To stay local I would consider Stratford, Barking, Walthamstow etc. I lived in South East London and the reasoning for my recommendations in regard to Stratford are influenced by how I would approach the situation if I applied for Croydon. I would want to avoid commuting from one end of the capital to another.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by luzo
Hi everyone,

Mine took 3 weeks, feedback will be in civil service jobs. Was this the generic HO?
Original post by BigEazy
Where do you live? I applied for Birmingham and live in the West Midlands but moved here from London a couple years ago.

I suppose it would mostly depend on how often one would be expected to work from the office post covid. I understand that home working will be set at a minimum of 2 days a week, with any additional WFH being subject to local arrangements. How long are you prepared to commute? To stay local I would consider Stratford, Barking, Walthamstow etc. I lived in South East London and the reasoning for my recommendations in regard to Stratford are influenced by how I would approach the situation if I applied for Croydon. I would want to avoid commuting from one end of the capital to another.

Any idea what is the maximum WFH days someone can ask for? Also, if you are offered a position at Stratford, but live in Birmingham, can you attend and use the Birmingham office? I believe some CS departments do allow such flexibility where an employee of one office can use a more local office nearer to him. Not sure if HMRC allows that.
Original post by Wisdom100
Any idea what is the maximum WFH days someone can ask for? Also, if you are offered a position at Stratford, but live in Birmingham, can you attend and use the Birmingham office? I believe some CS departments do allow such flexibility where an employee of one office can use a more local office nearer to him. Not sure if HMRC allows that.

The maximum number of WFH days would be a local arrangement so I'd be keen to hear what people that are already employed by HMRC have been told thus far. The question in regard to office flexibility is an interesting one as well. It would be great if somewhat could shed light on this. As you say, some CS departments have been known to offer a degree of office flexibility.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by luzo
Hi everyone,

Mine took 3 weeks, feedback will be in civil service jobs. Was this the generic HO?

Original post by Wisdom100

Hi different managers and departments allow different things all you can do is ask using another office would be considered a transfer which would need to be properly requested to the business unit heads, dependant what department your in you could potentially be allowed to transfer to a closer office if they have that business in that particular office if not I doubt you would be allowed to go. HMRC are allowing 2 days WFH as part of the new pay deal.
Original post by BigEazy

Home counties, so technically commutable but it's nearing 2 hours each way and I'm very keen to move out. I really don't want to WFH tbh, would much rather be in the office. It's making the flat hunt a lot more difficult because it means my friend and I both need rooms with space for desks. Is it definitely going to be 2 days WFH?

I'm a little nervous about living in Stratford based off its reputation. But it's better value compared to a lot of areas.
Original post by etwelve
Home counties, so technically commutable but it's nearing 2 hours each way and I'm very keen to move out. I really don't want to WFH tbh, would much rather be in the office. It's making the flat hunt a lot more difficult because it means my friend and I both need rooms with space for desks. Is it definitely going to be 2 days WFH?

I'm a little nervous about living in Stratford based off its reputation. But it's better value compared to a lot of areas.

From what I read in one of the attached documents on the advert, everyone will have the option to WFH at least two days a week. Once restrictions are lifted I imagine it will be possible for one to work from the office full time. From a wellbeing perspective, many employers are offering that option to staff that find it inconvenient to work from home.

In regard to Stratford, I'd encourage you visit the area and make up your own mind about it. View a few flats, visit local areas of interest and just see if you like the feel of it. You might be pleasantly surprised.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending