The Student Room Group

Little sister whispering on the phone in the bathroom?

Scroll to see replies

j

Original post by Ciel.
you must be naive if you think that 12 year olds don't know what sex is. or what nudes are.

just cos you started early doesn't mean everyone did. You want OP to spy on her...would you like to get spied on inside the bathroom.
Original post by Ciel.
you must be naive if you think that 12 year olds don't know what sex is. or what nudes are.

Agreed, by the time I was 12 I was already trying harder to lose my virginity than trying in school work
Original post by Anonymous
Concerned about my little sisters behaviour, she’s 12/13 yrs old and is always on the phone to some boy.

She sometimes goes in the bathroom and then I get suspicious cause she’s in there a long time so I go and lean against the door and I can hear her whispering on the phone to him but I can’t hear what they’re saying exactly as they’re whispering so quietly.

Then whenever I knock and ask what she’s doing she says nothing and that she’s on the toilet.

I’m concerned she’s secretly doing sexual things/nudes on FaceTime or Snapchat.

How do you know she's talking to a boy; if you can't even hear her, how can you hear who's on the phone....?? Don't lead us on putting extra information in to justify your paranoia. First of all big plot twist that she's a lesbian and actually not on the phone with a boy at all..... Instead of being too scared to knock on the door and get her off the phone....just knock on the door and get her off the phone...
Reply 23
Original post by mflach
i wouldn’t say most are tbh. i cant think of any dumb decisions i made and pretty much everyone else i know turned out fine even without parents intervening. if it’s something to do with drugs then fair enough but talking to a boy? cant be a massive issue. i remember hiding my first boyfriend from my parents too and nothing bad happened. i didn’t even know much about sexual things back then

Most kids at age 12 these days do know about that stuff.
Im very much for looser parenting but a stupid decision a kid makes at 12 years old on a phone can come back to haunt them, what you do on the internet is there for good..
Reply 24
Original post by Wannabevetnurse
j

just cos you started early doesn't mean everyone did. You want OP to spy on her...would you like to get spied on inside the bathroom.

it's for her own good. and it would be audio only.
Original post by Bang Outta Order
How do you know she's talking to a boy; if you can't even hear her, how can you hear who's on the phone....?? Don't lead us on putting extra information in to justify your paranoia. First of all big plot twist that she's a lesbian and actually not on the phone with a boy at all..... Instead of being too scared to knock on the door and get her off the phone....just knock on the door and get her off the phone...

I can hear the boys voice, very easy to tell the difference between a boys and girls voice. Yeah I do knock and she says she’s doing nothing and in the toilet even tho I heard her whispering to a boy
I wouldn’t sink too much of it, it’s essential toilet her live her secret loves.
if you think it’s acceptable for a child to lock herself in the bathroom on the phone to a boy then something is wrong with you, especially in this generation where nudes are seen as what popular people do and trendy. Why go to the bathroom, lock the door and be whispering when she can jus talk normally in her room without anyone listening or close her bedroom door.

Probably because she has a nosy sister who puts her head to the door in order to eavesdrop a conversation that's not of her business.
Reply 28
Original post by Ciel.
i got my first phone at 9/10 i think, lol. i think that's pretty common nowadays?

9?!
Most adults arent even responsible enough for a phone. Its a major distraction and serves pointless. If a kid really needs to make a phone call they can ask an adult around them..
Reply 29
Original post by LovelyMrFox
9?!
Most adults arent even responsible enough for a phone. Its a major distraction and serves pointless. If a kid really needs to make a phone call they can ask an adult around them..

daddy hated me so to make up for his lack of love and affection, he would spoil me with gifts 😂
o

Agreed, by the time I was 12 I was already trying harder to lose my virginity than trying in school work

:troll:
I can hear the boys voice, very easy to tell the difference between a boys and girls voice. Yeah I do knock and she says she’s doing nothing and in the toilet even tho I heard her whispering to a boy

Lmfao yea whatever mate
Reply 32
Original post by Ciel.
daddy hated me so to make up for his lack of love and affection, he would spoil me with gifts 😂

Oh Ciel.. :lol: :redface:
Talk really talk with her.
You’re probably not wrong tbh. Perhaps try to bring it up in a talk from a caring perspective? Make sure she understands what she’s doing.

Basing this on my own experience, another possibility is that this boy is facing personal struggles and she’s trying to advise him. Less likely because of the bathroom but possible.

The bathroom would actually make me think eating disorder usually, but it’s probably just somewhere private and secretive.

The main thing is making sure she knows you’re somebody she can trust.
Original post by Ciel.
no, i'm being serious. she shouldn't be doing "sexual things" at 12 with god knows who. what if she's being groomed by a pedo? when i was her age, i would spend a lot of my free time online, completely unsupervised. you don't want to know how many pedos i would stumble upon, every day.

There’s no evidence she is being groomed.. except whispering in the bathroom. Also if they were worried about that spying on her is not the way to do it. What would you had done if your parents spied on what you were doing online? Personally if it was me it would have not helped at all, jsut made me not trust them and be less likely to ask for help if I needed it
Reply 36
There’s no evidence she is being groomed.. except whispering in the bathroom. Also if they were worried about that spying on her is not the way to do it. What would you had done if your parents spied on what you were doing online? Personally if it was me it would have not helped at all, jsut made me not trust them and be less likely to ask for help if I needed it

she wouldn't find out, duh. even if he discovers something concerning, he can just say 'i overheard you saying' blah blah blah.
i don't think you quite understand the issue here, lol. thanks to that 'freedom' i spent most of my teenage years surrounded by adult men🙄
Original post by Ciel.
she wouldn't find out, duh. even if he discovers something concerning, he can just say 'i overheard you saying' blah blah blah.
i don't think you quite understand the issue here, lol. thanks to that 'freedom' i spent most of my teenage years surrounded by adult men🙄

I don’t understand the issue because I don’t think people should spy on their kids with no good reason? Okay lol let’s assume everyones getting groomed and obsess over it just because you did. Idiot
Reply 38
I don’t understand the issue because I don’t think people should spy on their kids with no good reason? Okay lol let’s assume everyones getting groomed and obsess over it just because you did. Idiot

ugh, you're so naive it makes me want to slap you, but you're probably just another 12 year old who doesn't know **** about life.
Original post by Ciel.
ugh, you're so naive it makes me want to slap you, but you're probably just another 12 year old who doesn't know **** about life.

Hahaha I love it when people can’t think of anything to reply except “you’re probably 12 so stfu”
I just hope you don’t have kids tbf, you’re obviously projecting your own experiences onto others for no good reason and that can be really damaging. “Let’s spy and violate someone’s privacy just because a 12 year old was whispering to a friend” still can’t believe that was serious lmao

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending