The Student Room Group

Bristol Uni Contextual offer - Unrealsi

Okay so I applied to Bristol university with an ABB predicted for their marketing and management course with a year abroad. The normal grade requirement is AAA but I apply for their contextual offer turning it into ABB requirement.

They’ve put me on hold, which is seemingly quite common for them to do, but i’m worried it was too aspirational of a choice? I assumed I had met the entry requirements fully as I met the contextual requirement, however someone was telling me that they’d still want the AAA as my predicted in order to offer me the ABB.

I’m just kinda worried as i’ve been on hold for two weeks now and Bristol would be my top choice.

Thanks!
btw my gcse grades are: 3 A*, 3 A’s, 3 B’s and 1 C
Original post by joonieboongie
Okay so I applied to Bristol university with an ABB predicted for their marketing and management course with a year abroad. The normal grade requirement is AAA but I apply for their contextual offer turning it into ABB requirement.

They’ve put me on hold, which is seemingly quite common for them to do, but i’m worried it was too aspirational of a choice? I assumed I had met the entry requirements fully as I met the contextual requirement, however someone was telling me that they’d still want the AAA as my predicted in order to offer me the ABB.

I’m just kinda worried as i’ve been on hold for two weeks now and Bristol would be my top choice.

Thanks!

What you have been told is false. If you are entitled to a contextual offer that is what you are made. You dont need to get the normal offer. That is the what a contextual offer is for. You get offered the lower grade because of your education or post code in an effort to overcome disadvantages in life. Bristol use this on hold policy on a regular basis. It doesnt mean you will be accepted or rejected. You might be waiting a while.
If you are eligible for a contextual offer, your predictions need to be line line with that, not the regular offer.

NB. You don’t apply for a contextual offer. You apply as normal and the Uni determines whether they think you qualify.
Original post by joonieboongie

Thanks!

The person was wrong who told you that they will still be looking for AAA as your predicted offer - if you qualify for a contextual offer they will be looking for ABB so don't worry about that. It is very common for Bristol to put people on hold past January 15th when they will have received all the applications from everyone who applied on time for the UCAS deadline.

To be on hold for 2 weeks is nothing - people will still be getting offers way into the Spring of 2021. Look at it this way, if you didn't meet their entry requirements they could have rejected you by now but they haven't. It wasn't too aspirational a choice and although there are no guarantees that you will get an offer, it was a realistic choice for you to put down on your UCAS form.
If you needed AAA predictions then they would have rejected you not put you on hold.
Bristol 'On Hold' = very normal. : http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/after-you-apply/your-application/decision/
Hang on in there, you'll probably get your offer after 15 Jan.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending