The Student Room Group

Social Work Northern Ireland 2021.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Hopeful2021
I wonder after interview how long we have to wait to find out it will feel like forever

According to my interview prep we wont find out till may 😭😭
Reply 21
Just got the questions. Deadline 5pm Thursday!!!
Original post by beefcurry
Just got the questions. Deadline 5pm Thursday!!!

Good luck 🤞 do they seem overly hard to answer?
Reply 23
Original post by Hopeful2021
Good luck 🤞 do they seem overly hard to answer?

I got mine today too.. Not the worst but thought provoking.
Original post by ChezzaE
I got mine today too.. Not the worst but thought provoking.

At least hopefully with getting to see it now have a think before videoing should be a bit better 😬 good luck 🤞
Reply 25
I expected worse but yes thought provoking!
Has anyone else not heard back about an interview? I applied quite early on and haven’t received anything since the email about sharing information
Reply 27
I applied early December. Not sure how they decide to interview and in what order but don't worry I'm sure you will hear soon.
Reply 28
I'm really nervous have been practicing videoing myself and I feel I'm not reflecting my knowledge with the nerves. Be so much easier if we could have a few notes!
Reply 29
right guys thats been sent now :crossedf: now the wait begins
Reply 30
I'm really nervous have been practicing videoing myself and I feel I'm not reflecting my knowledge with the nerves. Be so much easier if we could have a few notes!

I know what you mean I kept forgetting stuff halfway through. No notes is tough and I understand why but still urgh .
In the end I just went with it as I know I would constantly pick apart each attempt at my video so I drew the line (good boundaries :wink:) and deleted my footage. good luck x
Original post by ChezzaE
I know what you mean I kept forgetting stuff halfway through. No notes is tough and I understand why but still urgh .
In the end I just went with it as I know I would constantly pick apart each attempt at my video so I drew the line (good boundaries :wink:) and deleted my footage. good luck x

When you recorded the video did you say the questions and give an answer or say question one/ question two etc? Not sure if this question makes sense! X
Reply 32
Hi mine was uploaded as well although it didn't reflect me as well as I wanted it to. I wish it was a face to face interview. Everyone I messed up I had to start all over again and I appear nervous and flustered in my video but it's done. Yes you have to first say your name then show your ID give your ucas ID and scan the room before you start then you say question 1 etc.
Reply 33
Original post by Gingerbread90
When you recorded the video did you say the questions and give an answer or say question one/ question two etc? Not sure if this question makes sense! X

Yea i did the introduction and passport bit then just said q1 and my answer. I didnt t read out the question but i encorporated the question into my answer if that makes sense xx
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 34
Hi mine was uploaded as well although it didn't reflect me as well as I wanted it to. I wish it was a face to face interview. Everyone I messed up I had to start all over again and I appear nervous and flustered in my video but it's done. Yes you have to first say your name then show your ID give your ucas ID and scan the room before you start then you say question 1 etc.

It was so hard to be natural without any immediate feedback. I think a teams or zoom would have been easier. I dont feel my upload was good enough but its done now. I also have three full attempts and loads of mess up 35 sec ish videos

Reply 35
Has anyone given thought to what areas of social work they want to do yet? Im really interested in criminal justice side working with young offenders.
Original post by ChezzaE
Has anyone given thought to what areas of social work they want to do yet? Im really interested in criminal justice side working with young offenders.

That’s amazing I thought of that too! Did you watch the hydebank documentary?
Original post by ChezzaE

Me too! Or family/children. But I’m really geared towards young offenders. Fingers crossed for us!
Reply 38
In my previous career I was a support worker for the long term unemployed. Many of the clients I worked with where young adults who could barely read or write. I would love to work in the education sector.
Original post by Michaelad1
Has anyone else not heard back about an interview? I applied quite early on and haven’t received anything since the email about sharing information

Hey I'm in the same boat. I applied early on and haven't heard anything about an interview. I'm really anxious that it means I haven't been successful in getting an interview this year 😞!

Quick Reply

Latest