The Student Room Group

Chromebook for uni?

Hey, I am currently a Y12 student who bought a laptop recently. My laptop is a chromebook and I still haven't figured how to open powerpoints in the right format and other things like that, it is unlikely i will get a new laptop for uni and im worried that it will be difficult to access software via my current laptop( I can get the powerpoints to open after loads of tweaking) . Can anyone help with any tips?
Reply 1
The recent Chromebooks all have support for android apps but how well they work depends on the Chromebook model and the app itself. What format were you trying to open the PowerPoint in? It should be pretty simple to open the .ppt format in PowerPoint android app, at least to view it.

Your Chromebook might also support "crostini" which will allow Linux apps to run in the chromebook. So in the worst case, you can use LibreOffice and open the file there although there will inevitably be some formatting issues if the .ppt format was used.
Original post by 0le
The recent Chromebooks all have support for android apps but how well they work depends on the Chromebook model and the app itself. What format were you trying to open the PowerPoint in? It should be pretty simple to open the .ppt format in PowerPoint android app, at least to view it.

Your Chromebook might also support "crostini" which will allow Linux apps to run in the chromebook. So in the worst case, you can use LibreOffice and open the file there although there will inevitably be some formatting issues if the .ppt format was used.

I have the asusc434 and was trying to open the file in slides however the file wasn't saved in the correct format I tried different ways, still didn't seem to open. I'll try to see if my chromebook supports crostini thankyou for the reply :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending