The Student Room Group

occupational therapy employment

this is a question for occupationnal therapy graduates. from the summer you graduated, how long did it take you to get a job? i'm worried about having difficulties a job
Hey! I applied to nhs jobs and got offered a job straight away HOWEVER the nhs recruitment process takes about 3+ months till you actually start working. I wanted to work for private clinics but had no luck getting jobs due to being newly qualified and employers wanting years experience.
Original post by georgiasc
Hey! I applied to nhs jobs and got offered a job straight away HOWEVER the nhs recruitment process takes about 3+ months till you actually start working. I wanted to work for private clinics but had no luck getting jobs due to being newly qualified and employers wanting years experience.

that's really good! so is the 3 months you waiting to hear back or being trained by the nhs?
Original post by thekrustykrab
that's really good! so is the 3 months you waiting to hear back or being trained by the nhs?

You hear back with 4/5 weeks and then 3 months after depending on references, health records, dbs. Recruitment are incredibly slow. Once they’ve got all that you get a start date for induction. So I applied late sept started january

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending