The Student Room Group

Will LNATs be cancelled cause of 3rd lockdown?

We're going into the 3rd national lockdown and this time schools etc are closing. Will the LNAT be cancelled? I have mine in a few days so I'm very worried

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by mma_jd
We're going into the 3rd national lockdown and this time schools etc are closing. Will the LNAT be cancelled? I have mine in a few days so I'm very worried

Most likely moved online?
Same and the deadline to take LNAT for kings is soon so what will they do???
Original post by mma_jd

Unlikely, I did my LNAT during the 2nd National Lockdown.
Original post by Keir Starmer
Unlikely, I did my LNAT during the 2nd National Lockdown.

Oh really that’s good because they cancelled mine during the 2nd one
I have had confirmation from LNAT and PearsonVUE that LNAT will go ahead (in general, and unless you hear otherwise).
Reply 6
Original post by MikeGilks
I have had confirmation from LNAT and PearsonVUE that LNAT will go ahead (in general, and unless you hear otherwise).

so can we still go and do the exam?
Reply 7
Original post by Justin1002
Same and the deadline to take LNAT for kings is soon so what will they do???

how can i contact kings?
Original post by nh237
so can we still go and do the exam?

That is correct (to the best of my knowledge) - unless you hear differently from the test centre or PearsonVue, your exam will be going ahead with additional safety measures ie you need to wear a mask during the exam. When is your exam booked for?
Original post by nh237
how can i contact kings?

You can email them, or can message them via the kings portal (if you applied to them via UCAS, you should have been sent a link to register on there). I May I ask what you would like to ask them? I have had reasonable contact with them over the last few weeks so may be able to help. What are your other choices?
Reply 10
About the LNAT, mine is on the 14th but we are in a national lockdown, I was told by a member of staff for the Pearson centre to inform my university about my situation. They told me to also ask police or Health authorities whether I’d be allowed to travel to the centre. So I’m very confused and don’t know what to do.
It's classed as essential so the test will still be taking place.
i never got a email? how did you guys get a email or any information for that matter when the lockdown as only announced last night?
Original post by ItsJcesar
i never got a email? how did you guys get a email or any information for that matter when the lockdown as only announced last night?

Hi sorry for being so brief. After yesterday announcements I took it upon myself to email Lnat customer service. They confirmed that the Lnat will still be taking place as it is seen to be essential. Just to cool your nerves a bit I also spoke with the person centre Lnat help line and they reaiffrmed that the will be taking place. Hope this helps and good luck.
D5E68691-CBE7-4BCB-9772-6CB69C5CDC2A.jpeg
Original post by Loukas l
Hi sorry for being so brief. After yesterday announcements I took it upon myself to email Lnat customer service. They confirmed that the Lnat will still be taking place as it is seen to be essential. Just to cool your nerves a bit I also spoke with the person centre Lnat help line and they reaiffrmed that the will be taking place. Hope this helps and good luck.

thanks for confirming that for me bro. I appreciate it
Original post by ItsJcesar
thanks for confirming that for me bro. I appreciate it

No stress! We're all in this together. Once again good luck.
Original post by Loukas l
D5E68691-CBE7-4BCB-9772-6CB69C5CDC2A.jpeg

this is a great email for all those worried about the lnat. thanks for taking the time to share it publicly. i'm guessing it's soothed a lot of nerves.
Original post by MikeGilks

Don’t believe what Pearson tell you. My goddaughter’s LNAT was randomly cancelled in December when Wales went into lockdown. Pearson said it would still happen and she should just go along in spite of the cancellation email. Not accepting that she insisted they rebook her to today. Turned up to sign on door saying cancelled! No email or explanation. Total shambles! Rang LNAT and they said all exams cancelled! That was at 9.30am this morning
Original post by EU Yakov
this is a great email for all those worried about the lnat. thanks for taking the time to share it publicly. i'm guessing it's soothed a lot of nerves.

This is not what happened today when my goddaughter turned up to her LNAT. Sign on door saying all exams cancelled. Telephone Pearson and they said all LNAT exams cancelled indefinitely. She did not receive an email

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending