The Student Room Group

Interested of studying business

Hey, I'm very interest to study business course at University, but I can't explain why I want to study business. I honestly really want to study business, but as I said I can't explain it even to myself.
Study business then? i dont understand what are you asking
Reply 2
Original post by something_orphic
Study business then? i dont understand what are you asking

I need to write my personal statement and they require from me why I'm interested why. I can't explain myself.
Original post by Nick889
I need to write my personal statement and they require from me why I'm interested why. I can't explain myself.

I would suggest reading some personal statements on the internet that might help you explain why. You can at least steal some ideas anyway.
Reply 4
Original post by something_orphic
I would suggest reading some personal statements on the internet that might help you explain why. You can at least steal some ideas anyway.

Can you send me some links, please?
Original post by Nick889
Can you send me some links, please?

Not to sound rude but if you type in business personal statements it will come up. Idk what kind of course you are doing or what you want in your personal statement. Are you in year 12 by any chance?
Original post by Nick889
Hey, I'm very interest to study business course at University, but I can't explain why I want to study business. I honestly really want to study business, but as I said I can't explain it even to myself.

Hey @Nick889 :^_^: maybe rather than focusing on 'Business' as a vague starting point- why not try to focus your thoughts on a particular industry? Maybe you've got a passion for travel, gaming, food/drink or something? Pinpointing an area that interests you and then looking in to the business elements around that particular area might inspire you a bit as to why you want to do it. I think a key thing could be to identify something that inspires you (doesn't need to be Business related) - but for you to then look in to the business elements around it and think about where you could fit in if that makes sense.

Remember within Business there are so many different branches- Finance, Marketing, HR, Economics, Hospitality, Accounting etc. Research in to these and think about which ones speak to you more than others and why :smile: Maybe you love working with numbers and forecasting trends so Finance/Economics take your fancy, or perhaps you're really creative and want to understand consumer behaviour, so Marketing is your thing.

Hope this helps a bit? Let me know what you think!
- Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
Reply 7
Original post by University of Strathclyde
Hey @Nick889 :^_^: maybe rather than focusing on 'Business' as a vague starting point- why not try to focus your thoughts on a particular industry? Maybe you've got a passion for travel, gaming, food/drink or something? Pinpointing an area that interests you and then looking in to the business elements around that particular area might inspire you a bit as to why you want to do it. I think a key thing could be to identify something that inspires you (doesn't need to be Business related) - but for you to then look in to the business elements around it and think about where you could fit in if that makes sense.

Remember within Business there are so many different branches- Finance, Marketing, HR, Economics, Hospitality, Accounting etc. Research in to these and think about which ones speak to you more than others and why :smile: Maybe you love working with numbers and forecasting trends so Finance/Economics take your fancy, or perhaps you're really creative and want to understand consumer behaviour, so Marketing is your thing.

Hope this helps a bit? Let me know what you think!
- Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep

Thank you so much, you helped me a lot. hope you will have a lovely day. :smile:
Remember that business is an academic degree, so focus on that aspect of it for your interests

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending