The Student Room Group

someone who i don't get along with is firming the same uni as me

this girl who despises me and i feel the exact same about her is firming cardiff uni and so am i. i am not gonna change my decisions because of her because i have wanted to go to this uni for years but knowing there is a chance of her ruining my uni experience does get to me and make me consider whether this uni is for me if that makes sense. i have no respect for her either like she is firstly wanting to study pharmacy and puts dumb stuff like 'masks don't work because cases are going up' 'the vaccine doesn't work because people are still dying' on her story and also said brexit was a good thing and says all that about the pandemic yet goes and breaks all lockdown and tier 4 rules, and refuses to accept that she is hypocrite and as well as this our short lived friendship was so bad for my mental and physical health. she always talks about how people should restrict their diets and how eating one chocolate is bad for u and also used to question my personal decisions like i don't like getting a certain bus because i was sexually assaulted on it but i didn't tell her that but it's the fact she constantly asked me why i don't like getting that bus and whenever i said because i don't want to get it she carried on questioning me and she thinks everything is about her and i am innocent but she is such a negative person and i don't need that in my life. but i got an offer for politics and econ and she got an offer for pharmacy but that doesn't mean we won't be in the same halls etc.
Reply 1
And? You can both apply to whichever uni you want.

You'll meet people in all walks of life that you don't get on with. What will you do if you don't like someone on your course or in future employment? Find somewhere else because there is a chance they might ruin things?
You probably won’t even see her if she’s doing a different course. Why do her views annoy you? You don’t have to look at her social media.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
this girl who despises me and i feel the exact same about her is firming cardiff uni and so am i. i am not gonna change my decisions because of her because i have wanted to go to this uni for years but knowing there is a chance of her ruining my uni experience does get to me and make me consider whether this uni is for me if that makes sense. i have no respect for her either like she is firstly wanting to study pharmacy and puts dumb stuff like 'masks don't work because cases are going up' 'the vaccine doesn't work because people are still dying' on her story and also said brexit was a good thing and says all that about the pandemic yet goes and breaks all lockdown and tier 4 rules, and refuses to accept that she is hypocrite and as well as this our short lived friendship was so bad for my mental and physical health. she always talks about how people should restrict their diets and how eating one chocolate is bad for u and also used to question my personal decisions like i don't like getting a certain bus because i was sexually assaulted on it but i didn't tell her that but it's the fact she constantly asked me why i don't like getting that bus and whenever i said because i don't want to get it she carried on questioning me and she thinks everything is about her and i am innocent but she is such a negative person and i don't need that in my life. but i got an offer for politics and econ and she got an offer for pharmacy but that doesn't mean we won't be in the same halls etc.

There are about 10,000 students in each year at Cardiff Uni, that's an astonishingly low risk you'll ever see each other.

You seem to be putting this girl at the centre of your mind. There's no need for you to. As others have said, you'll meet a lot of people you disagree with in later life and knowing how to handle that will help you. If you google 'managing conflict' you'll get some good tips.
Reply 4
Original post by YaliaV123
You probably won’t even see her if she’s doing a different course. Why do her views annoy you? You don’t have to look at her social media.

because they're all so negative and she refuses to accept that she is wrong. i don't have her on social media anymore, but she literally shouts her view points at school
Reply 5
Original post by 2500_2
There are about 10,000 students in each year at Cardiff Uni, that's an astonishingly low risk you'll ever see each other.

You seem to be putting this girl at the centre of your mind. There's no need for you to. As others have said, you'll meet a lot of people you disagree with in later life and knowing how to handle that will help you. If you google 'managing conflict' you'll get some good tips.

thank u this reassured me a lot :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
because they're all so negative and she refuses to accept that she is wrong. i don't have her on social media anymore, but she literally shouts her view points at school

You probably won’t even see her at university.
Cardiff is such a big uni. Dont pick the same accom and you'll be fine.
You probably won't even see her anyway. There will be a lot of people at the uni.
As above, unless you're on the same course chances are you might never see them. Even if you do, that doesn't obligate you to interact with them.
You probably won't even see her if you're not doing the same course. I had a nightmare at uni where my secondary school bully was at the exact same uni as me on the exact same course, but I still didn't see her much because we had different friendship groups and I made the choice to not interact with her much, just small talk sometimes (mainly because she hadn't really changed much at all).

Best of luck and I'd advise you to just stick with Cardiff as your firm. As you said, don't change your mind because you're worried she'll be there too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending