The Student Room Group

Specsavers glasses return policy

I got new glasses in November but after 2 weeks of wearing them I had vision problems. They rebuilt my glasses and it’s been 13 days and I’m still finding reading difficult. I see things blurry especially subtitles. So it’s been 6/7 weeks and now I have had enough I want to return the glasses and get retested in a different store.
Do you think they will accept the return?
Reply 1
It is worth going into the store and asking. They might initially say no but be polite but firm in your position, state that you've had problems from the start and that they've not delivered a product which is suitable.
Reply 2
Do you have the previous glasses? Do you see better with them?
Did the optometrist say anything about your visual acuity with the new glasses?

Sometimes there are people who can't reach perfect or nearly perfect visual acuity for different reasons, even with glasses on. Even if previously they could. These things should be mentioned. If the visual acuity is worse than 20/30 I'd mention it to the patient and say that certain things like subtitles could still be blurry. That might be your case too.
Original post by Kathy89
Do you have the previous glasses? Do you see better with them?
Did the optometrist say anything about your visual acuity with the new glasses?

Sometimes there are people who can't reach perfect or nearly perfect visual acuity for different reasons, even with glasses on. Even if previously they could. These things should be mentioned. If the visual acuity is worse than 20/30 I'd mention it to the patient and say that certain things like subtitles could still be blurry. That might be your case too.

I can see perfectly fine with my old glasses :/
Reply 4
Original post by RollingStar60
I can see perfectly fine with my old glasses :/

Tell them exactly that.
You should be able at least to change the lenses to what you had in your previous pair.
Original post by Kathy89
Tell them exactly that.
You should be able at least to change the lenses to what you had in your previous pair.

They have changed it to what I had previously:/ but don’t know what is wrong
Reply 6
They have changed it to what I had previously:/ but don’t know what is wrong

So you are using the old lenses in the new glasses frames and text is still blurry?
Original post by 0le
So you are using the old lenses in the new glasses frames and text is still blurry?

No these glasses are new but they have used the same prescription.
Reply 8
No these glasses are new but they have used the same prescription.

Very bizarre. Do you have any eye symptoms like flashing lights (a similar colour to lightning) or a shadow in your eyesight?
Original post by 0le
Very bizarre. Do you have any eye symptoms like flashing lights (a similar colour to lightning) or a shadow in your eyesight?

No nothing like that
what type of lens did they use?
polycarbonate is much less transparent than standard CR39 or 1.56 lens.

Quick Reply

Latest