The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

history at birmingham

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by LucaHumphreys
Of course GCSE spanish counts! You'll be able to tell people about what your bedroom looks like lmao. Seriously tho GCSE languages were pointless ennit. I do French at A level atm, and its soooooo difficult in lockdown, so im relying on Duolingo lol.
Would you like to learn any different languages?

I would LOVE to learn another language but I was never very good at any I tried to learn. I'd love to be speak Italian so I could study in Florence or Rome of something. Haha sorry I didn't even ask what A-Levels you're doing? I have a friend who does French and she says its really hard so I'm sure lockdown makes it even more difficult!
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Original post by ALoth
I would LOVE to learn another language but I was never very good at any I tried to learn. I'd love to be speak Italian so I could study in Florence or Rome of something. Haha sorry I didn't even ask what A-Levels you're doing? I have a friend who does French and she says its really hard so I'm sure lockdown makes it even more difficult!

Honestly dw i didnt ask you either lol. I do French, History and B-tech Law. Wbu?
And yeah imagine studying in Italy!! That would genuinely be so cool. 100% on my bucket list to travel round Europe and visit places in Italy
Reply 22
Honestly dw i didnt ask you either lol. I do French, History and B-tech Law. Wbu?
And yeah imagine studying in Italy!! That would genuinely be so cool. 100% on my bucket list to travel round Europe and visit places in Italy

Haha I do English Lit, History (obv) and Geography and then I did an EPQ last year (which I hated). I just think studying abroad would be so cool, especially studying history because its so diverse. I was planning on interrailing around Europe but I'm not sure how likely that is with COVID :frown:
Original post by ALoth
Haha I do English Lit, History (obv) and Geography and then I did an EPQ last year (which I hated). I just think studying abroad would be so cool, especially studying history because its so diverse. I was planning on interrailing around Europe but I'm not sure how likely that is with COVID :frown:

Honestly the amount of things you could do with history in other countries is insaneee. It wouldve been cool for you to travel round Europe, but yeah you're right who knows rn lol. What did you do your EPQ on?
Honestly the amount of things you could do with history in other countries is insaneee. It wouldve been cool for you to travel round Europe, but yeah you're right who knows rn lol. What did you do your EPQ on?

I did it on the most random thing lol. I did it on the impact the media and social media has on the spread of the anti vax movement. I don't really know why I did it because it doesn't really relate to any of my interests haha but I wanted to do something separate to my A-Levels. What was Law like? I've always thought I would like law but its not an option at my school.
Original post by Anonymous
I did it on the most random thing lol. I did it on the impact the media and social media has on the spread of the anti vax movement. I don't really know why I did it because it doesn't really relate to any of my interests haha but I wanted to do something separate to my A-Levels. What was Law like? I've always thought I would like law but its not an option at my school.

Honestly mate nothing special about Law at all. It is so incredibly boring lolll. Lots of coursework and in general not as interesting as I'd hoped.
Thats definitely a unique topic for your EPQ lol. Was it interesting?
Reply 26
Honestly mate nothing special about Law at all. It is so incredibly boring lolll. Lots of coursework and in general not as interesting as I'd hoped.
Thats definitely a unique topic for your EPQ lol. Was it interesting?

ummmm well it wasn't too bad but I'm glad I don't have to do it again haha. That sucks about law, I went to a law day once to see if I thought I would like it for Uni but I found it kinda boring and it wasn't as interesting as I had hoped. Ye I hated EPQ cos it was so long but its good for uni because I got a grade drop!
Original post by ALoth
ummmm well it wasn't too bad but I'm glad I don't have to do it again haha. That sucks about law, I went to a law day once to see if I thought I would like it for Uni but I found it kinda boring and it wasn't as interesting as I had hoped. Ye I hated EPQ cos it was so long but its good for uni because I got a grade drop!

Oh thats always helpful! I did consider doing an EPQ but i really wasnt sure about it tbh, in the end I just didnt fancy it and couldnt come up with a good enough topic. Kinds glad i didnt cuz the workload is getting to me now lol
Reply 28
Oh thats always helpful! I did consider doing an EPQ but i really wasnt sure about it tbh, in the end I just didnt fancy it and couldnt come up with a good enough topic. Kinds glad i didnt cuz the workload is getting to me now lol

ye me too the workload is pretty intense at the moment, I've got coursework in all of my subjects which is annoying but I did my Epq last year so I'm glad thats done at least
Original post by ALoth
ye me too the workload is pretty intense at the moment, I've got coursework in all of my subjects which is annoying but I did my Epq last year so I'm glad thats done at least

Whats your exam board for History?
its edexcel, whats yours?
its edexcel, whats yours?

I'm pretty sure its the same, so you're doing coursework on Russia rn?
no, mine is on the arab/israeli conflict but i wish it was on Russia instead haha
no, mine is on the arab/israeli conflict but i wish it was on Russia instead haha

Whats your question for it?
I don't actually know lol, that probably sounds weird but I'm just writing an essay without a title rlly. Do you have coursework too then?
I don't actually know lol, that probably sounds weird but I'm just writing an essay without a title rlly. Do you have coursework too then?

Yeah on Russia
anyone applied for history? I've got my offer and rlly like brum :smile:

I was going to do my UK Masters in January but for personal reasons, I won't. Do you know any full-time students looking for accommodation? Mine is in Birmingham. It is the Emporium which is a 5minute walk to BCU, Gold Studio for 33 weeks.
anyone applied for history? I've got my offer and rlly like brum :smile:

Hi all,

I just wanted to make you aware that our Offer Holder Facebook group is now open, please feel free to join if you have an offer in the School of History and Cultures.

- Molly :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending