The Student Room Group

Relationships

I’m 16 years old and every guy I see I see as a potential boyfriend. Is this normal at my age?? Is this likely to change as I get older? I’ve never had a boyfriend so maybe that’s why 🤷*♀️
I’m worried that if I don’t get into a relationship now, I never will because of the pandemic.
Thank you 😊
Completely normal. And don’t worry, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to get a boyfriend!
It's normal! As you get older you'll chill out a bit and only think that about guys you genuinely like.
Don't try and force yourself into a relationship because you think you should be in one or are worried about missing out - it's better to be happily single than stuck in an unhappy relationship. I highly doubt the pandemic will stop you ever being in a relationship when you're still so young with all your life ahead of you. Even if lockdowns continued for an excessively long time - for example, let's say another 2 years - then you'd still only be 18 by the time they ended and you'd still have plenty of time to end up in a relationship.

There's no guarantee any relationship you had now would last anyway or that you'd have a boyfriend now even if there wasn't a pandemic so don't stress :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I’m 16 years old and every guy I see I see as a potential boyfriend. Is this normal at my age?? Is this likely to change as I get older? I’ve never had a boyfriend so maybe that’s why 🤷*♀️
I’m worried that if I don’t get into a relationship now, I never will because of the pandemic.
Thank you 😊

Aww that's cute but don't worry I think it's normal I was like that at your age I'm a guy and I only had my first girlfriend now and I'm 25, I met her on the Internet last year, which means you might find someone it'll be alright you never know what's around the corner
Hiya! I felt the same when I was younger, I used to blush a lot and get embarrassed and think something was wrong with me because the friendship group I had didn’t discuss things like that. I ended up getting into a relationship with a guy I didn’t really like just for the sake of it. Looking back now, that feeling has definitely worn off, try thinking of them more as friends and assessing whether and why you truly like someone before approaching them in that way. At the end of the day you’re only 16! The pandemic is putting pressure in everyone and you won’t be the only person feeling this way, it is not weird at all not to be in a serious relationship even before your 20s!
Original post by Anonymous
hi this isn't normal for anyone let alone for a 16 year old. i can either suggest you get on the pill which regualtes hormone imbalences and eases pain of periods. but this pill will help you lower your sex drive and drive for having relationships.

i can’t tell if your being sarcastic or.....

but to the OP, its normal. Dw
You are very young, focus on your studies I recommend!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending