The Student Room Group
University campus
University of Winchester
Winchester

Interview for mature students

Scroll to see replies

Got my offer last night!! Its conditional so as long as i can get all the proof they need and student finance goes through then ill see you in september guys!!!
University campus
University of Winchester
Winchester
Original post by Flynnser19
Got my offer last night!! Its conditional so as long as i can get all the proof they need and student finance goes through then ill see you in september guys!!!

Congratulations, fantastic news! So did I, exciting times ahead so look forward to us all meeting in September :smile: Nice to know I'll be in good company as mature student!
Original post by Pumpkin18
Congratulations, fantastic news! So did I, exciting times ahead so look forward to us all meeting in September :smile: Nice to know I'll be in good company as mature student!

i know too right considering im the oldest on the course at the moment and im only 33 hahaha
Reply 43
Original post by JohnRebholz
I have an interview at Winchester Uni next week as part of the application process. Has anyone any idea what type of questions they may ask? Grateful for any advice - thanks J

Are you applying for physiotherapy??
Reply 44
Original post by Flynnser19
Yea i had those I hope i made sense though i feel like i didnt but i think im being over critical. Im 33 but im in 2nd year of a physio degree in the Netherlands (im irish not dutch very confusing lol) but its not working out well the structure of the course has changed so much that there is just no way you could work as a physio after finishing it. There is like Zero placement until third year so im willing to take a step back to first year if it means getting my degree properly and NHS standard too.

Hey, sorry to jump in on the thread I was just wondering if you could maybe give me some more info on your experience in the Netherlands and what Uni you attended? I feel as though i'm in a similar situation to you here with the course structure and am also thinking about transferring home to the UK (which would be next year now). Feel free to PM me if easier and I can elaborate a bit more and any advice would be really appreciated! Thanks.:smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Oli-P16
Hey, sorry to jump in on the thread I was just wondering if you could maybe give me some more info on your experience in the Netherlands and what Uni you attended? I feel as though i'm in a similar situation to you here with the course structure and am also thinking about transferring home to the UK (which would be next year now). Feel free to PM me if easier and I can elaborate a bit more and any advice would be really appreciated! Thanks.:smile:

Hi,
Yes it was the best decision i ever made. The struture of learning in the UK is so much better to the netherlands, i feel the NL is great if you want to teach yourself with no support whatsoever, and for people who think theyre cleverer than the lecturers. I am someone who needs reassurance that im doing things correctly and understanding things properly.
The course im currently on now is not easy dont get me wrong but there is so much more support, and also assignments which keep the learning moving rather than just a multiple choice exam that your whole education hinges upon.
I hope that helps a little bit but if you need to know more just ask!!
Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending