The Student Room Group

Kent University Architecture

Hi there, is anyone studying architecture at kent? Can you give me an idea of what its like, facilities and lecturers?
Original post by Ksc1953
Hi there, is anyone studying architecture at kent? Can you give me an idea of what its like, facilities and lecturers?

I have a couple of colleagues who studies Architecture at Kent. I have visited the School once myself. I studied RIBA Part 1,2 & 3 at Newcastle University.

Like most architecture schools it's quite intensely focused on studio and reviews. Lectures are a lesser part of the architecture student experience, but nevertheless quite a valuable resource for knowledge. Most of it is done through tutored/mentored projects where you design to a particular brief of increasing complexity...

What is special about crits at Kent is that they are integrating their pin-up space with Digital Screens. Something their alumni are certainly finding useful. However, it is difficult for me to say what the current experience of architecture students is these days, since most of the work is from home through video-link tutorials...

You could check out more information in their End of Year Show found here:
https://issuu.com/universityofkent/docs/ksa_2018

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending