The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

Freshers events at Portsmouth University

I'm not sure if events change every year, but which tickets do students think are worth buying for freshers? Is it best to buy them now or should I wait until I actually go to university?
Most people have told me to wait until you get to university as you can then see what tickets everyone else brought and see if theres anyone you would like to go with.
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Reply 2
Original post by something_orphic
Most people have told me to wait until you get to university as you can then see what tickets everyone else brought and see if theres anyone you would like to go with.

Okay, thank you!
Original post by virgobby
I'm not sure if events change every year, but which tickets do students think are worth buying for freshers? Is it best to buy them now or should I wait until I actually go to university?

Hi! @virgobby

Most students from Portsmouth get their tickets when they have firmed their choice, as freshers tickets do sell out. I know I brought mine in May time as I knew I was going to Portsmouth.
The official site is the Eskimo Project that partners up with the university for this. They sell a bundle of freshers tickets for you to buy together. There are separate tickets, but this works out more expensive. Then most students if they would like to go to a couple of extra events will wait until they know their flatmates and buy them in freshers week when they collect their bundle. You can access these by going onto the official union site or Eskimo site. There is also a freshers facebook page that will post about the events.

I hope this helps!
Chloe - Official Student Rep :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending