The Student Room Group

Period

I was just wondering if fasting for Ramadan would delay my period? I googled it and it’s all studies so I thought I’d ask on here
Hi, fasting during Ramadan did delay my period a few years ago. I think it's because my period was due towards the end of the month and I had lost so much weight by then that my body went into starvation mode. It did come on eid though!
Thank you !!!
Original post by chocolateflower
Hi, fasting during Ramadan did delay my period a few years ago. I think it's because my period was due towards the end of the month and I had lost so much weight by then that my body went into starvation mode. It did come on eid though!

damn this is totally unrelated but share the secret on how you lost the weight!! i've never lost weight in ramadan (iif anything i gain) but its probably bc i used to it like 5 samosas rice and 5 other dishes and then a dinner (i've for sure cut down on that now tho lool)
Original post by sumayaaa
damn this is totally unrelated but share the secret on how you lost the weight!! i've never lost weight in ramadan (iif anything i gain) but its probably bc i used to it like 5 samosas rice and 5 other dishes and then a dinner (i've for sure cut down on that now tho lool)

Well this was a few years ago, so I was young, maybe around 16, and I used to find it very difficult to fast because I had acid reflux. So even when I broke my fast I didn't feel like eating so hence the weight loss. But that's not so much the case now, I also love eating samosas! So now I just maintain my weight
Original post by chocolateflower
Well this was a few years ago, so I was young, maybe around 16, and I used to find it very difficult to fast because I had acid reflux. So even when I broke my fast I didn't feel like eating so hence the weight loss. But that's not so much the case now, I also love eating samosas! So now I just maintain my weight

ahh i see. Coincidently im 16 now lol
Im glad you're able to enjoy your samosas and food now properly!! They're like the main Ramadan food for so many people, including my family lol
ahh i see. Coincidently im 16 now lol
Im glad you're able to enjoy your samosas and food now properly!! They're like the main Ramadan food for so many people, including my family lol

Omg same!! My mom doesn’t stop making fried food so it’s impossible for me to lose weight lol
Original post by honeypeanut6
Omg same!! My mom doesn’t stop making fried food so it’s impossible for me to lose weight lol

What i do now is i drink like a lotttt of water well not a lot but enough to fill me up. i eat like 3 dates everytime and (instead of overeating and trying to stuff more food i didnt eat into my belly eventhough im about to BURST) I stop when im getting fullish, go pray and if im still hungry, I'll eat and clean and drink waterrrr. I keep having to tell myself the food will still be there later and i can alwyas have it later. Still a struggle tho especially when the samosas have my fav filling inside it oh man thats rare since someone always eats it before me
Reply 8
strangely enough it doesn’t delay mine but it just makes them last longer :s-smilie:
Original post by sy!¡
strangely enough it doesn’t delay mine but it just makes them last longer :s-smilie:

oh damn
im no doctor but apparently if you drink a lot of water, your flow gets heavier so you end quicker. Maybe thats why it lasts longer, since you drink less water (im assuming)? Oh wait im so dumb i just forgot you dont fast when your on it meaning you can drink water whenever lool fasting is getting to me
oh damn
im no doctor but apparently if you drink a lot of water, your flow gets heavier so you end quicker. Maybe thats why it lasts longer, since you drink less water (im assuming)? Oh wait im so dumb i just forgot you dont fast when your on it meaning you can drink water whenever lool fasting is getting to me

yeah my mum says that too :rofl: she’s like “drink more water it will end quicker” and ngl it makes sense cause ik this sounds mad but i literally hardly drink water ... i drink like 1/2 or 1 full glass of water a day and my periods last like 9 days :rofl:
What i do now is i drink like a lotttt of water well not a lot but enough to fill me up. i eat like 3 dates everytime and (instead of overeating and trying to stuff more food i didnt eat into my belly eventhough im about to BURST) I stop when im getting fullish, go pray and if im still hungry, I'll eat and clean and drink waterrrr. I keep having to tell myself the food will still be there later and i can alwyas have it later. Still a struggle tho especially when the samosas have my fav filling inside it oh man thats rare since someone always eats it before me

Thanks so much!! I will try this today hopefully I don’t get tempted 😂
Original post by sy!¡
yeah my mum says that too :rofl: she’s like “drink more water it will end quicker” and ngl it makes sense cause ik this sounds mad but i literally hardly drink water ... i drink like 1/2 or 1 full glass of water a day and my periods last like 9 days :rofl:

danggggg do you not get dehydrated ??
Original post by honeypeanut6
Thanks so much!! I will try this today hopefully I don’t get tempted 😂

i cant lie it did take me a while to get used to it, even now i give in and over eat bc the temptation to eat everythint on the table is STRONG. but i guess this month is all about self discipline and improvement so
danggggg do you not get dehydrated ??

no i don’t :rofl:

Quick Reply

Latest