The Student Room Group

Period help

I noticed some blood today and I don’t know if it’s my period or spotting. I ALWAYS feel period cramps before I get my period but this time I didn’t so I’m worried.. I always have a gut feeling before I start my period and start feeling cramps but I had no idea this week. I’m so worried, is this just me?
(edited 9 months ago)
Sometimes you do not get pain at all. I know when I started my period, (at the age of 12), I did not really get any cramps , just mild back aches. This lasted for a couple of years. My periods were also irregular. Sometimes I had to wait 2 or 3 months for my next period. I did check my irregular periods situation at the doctors, and they told me "that I was fine", even after an ultrasound. Even a week or two weeks before my period would start, I would get "spotting", even with no pain, (something to do with filtering the old blood).
But as I have developed throughout the years, my recent periods I have felt slight cramping (totally new thing to me).
So not much to worry about, as I think in my opinion that every period is different :smile:.
I hope this helps. I think it is good to know about every girls experience with periods, as all are different. I recommend you download the app "FLO", it is a good app where girls share there experiences with periods, as well as providing advice.

If you have anymore concerns and questions, feel free to reply back . :h:
Reply 2
If anything is different to the normal situation, see your GP.
Have you been recording the timings of your cycle? If so, check if you are supposed to get your period this week.
There is no need to go to a GP coz this seems normal.

Quick Reply

Latest