The Student Room Group

Occupational Therapy Masters dissertation

Hi there,

I am new at posting on The Student Room, so forgive me if I may have posted in the wrong place.

I am in the process of exploring possible dissertation ideas for my dissertation next year, and am interested in two different areas, which could be linked, but one of them that I find interesting I don't have much experience in. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are still yet to go on placement or do practical work, which I hoped would give me some ideas.

1. Nature-based paediatric occupational therapy (OT) (I am very interested in this, although do not have much experience or knowledge with/of using nature...

2. Play-based interventions in OT (experience and knowledge of using play in education with under 5s, but not yet in OT. I am aware that there is a lot of research already out there on play, especially in education, and I do not want to cross into education too much).

I was wondering if anyone had any input into potential topic/question ideas, had done an occupational therapy dissertation or is on a course doing/supervising dissertations? I would be excited to talk to anyone who may have some useful tips/information. Choosing a question for a research project has never been my strong point and I would love all the information I can get before embarking on this big chapter.

Thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending