The Student Room Group

In love with my supervisor

My supervisor who I am in love with (I am girl), has had to go to hospital and now cannot continue supervising my dissertation. I have been given a new supervisor, and I absolutely heartbroken, I would video call her every week and looked forward to it so much, I feel heartbroken that I won't see her again, I'm literally in tears help.
How's your relationship with her? are you on friendly terms? if you are then it might be worth emailing her to ask how she's doing?
you can't visit her in hospital but i guess if you think you're close enough maybe you can arrange to chat with her and perhaps talk about your dissertation/uni life in a more relaxed manner?
Original post by mikamikamii
How's your relationship with her? are you on friendly terms? if you are then it might be worth emailing her to ask how she's doing?
you can't visit her in hospital but i guess if you think you're close enough maybe you can arrange to chat with her and perhaps talk about your dissertation/uni life in a more relaxed manner?

I have emailed her to ask her how she is, she replied and told me what happened and she said she was so sorry she couldn't supervise me anymore, and good luck with the rest of my dissertation and to work hard. I feel so heartbroken, and lost. I replied to her saying thanks for all of her help and hope she feels better soon, she read it but never responded. So that's it, I'll never speak to her again. Can't stop crying.
Original post by savethebears
I have emailed her to ask her how she is, she replied and told me what happened and she said she was so sorry she couldn't supervise me anymore, and good luck with the rest of my dissertation and to work hard. I feel so heartbroken, and lost. I replied to her saying thanks for all of her help and hope she feels better soon, she read it but never responded. So that's it, I'll never speak to her again. Can't stop crying.

ah that does suck... i'm really sorry about that. emailing her again too soon would be a bit strange. do you have any idea when she'll be out of hospital?
Original post by mikamikamii
ah that does suck... i'm really sorry about that. emailing her again too soon would be a bit strange. do you have any idea when she'll be out of hospital?

she said she should be going home soon but will take time to recover as she has broke her back
she said she should be going home soon but will take time to recover as she has broke her back

Give her a back massage at the hospital. Use lots of oil.
Reply 6
My supervisor who I am in love with (I am girl), has had to go to hospital and now cannot continue supervising my dissertation. I have been given a new supervisor, and I absolutely heartbroken, I would video call her every week and looked forward to it so much, I feel heartbroken that I won't see her again, I'm literally in tears help.

Is this a substitute mother figure? It's all on your side and there's no reciprocation by your supervisor. Someone who is in a position of authority over you wouldn't get involved with you, anyway; they would be opening themselves up to accusations of favouritism when they are overseeing your academic work.

Concentrate on your studies and your hobbies, go out with friends, and next time pick your crush with at least a realistic chance of it going somewhere.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending