The Student Room Group

Is it cheating

I’m in a one year long distance relationship, we see each other every month or so and planning to move in together. I love him very much.

A few months ago I picked up a job for a couple months only. My supervisor was an attractive guy my age. Everyone kept telling me he likes me because of how he used to act with me and I noticed it too. It was a boring job so us colleagues used to talk on teams when not busy. Me and my supervisor used to sometimes talk as well on teams. He would call me the prettiest girl he’s ever seen and I’d say he’s not too bad either, we would joke that I knew he had a crush on me and he’d say I have a crush on him. I think this is flirting right ….

When we would see each other on the floor there would also be short convos and always used to smile at each other if we saw each other.

I never thought of going further with him. It was just entertainment at work since it was so boring. After I left the job after nearly 2 months I have never seen him or spoke to him again. I don’t have him on any social media. However I’ve been feeling so guilty about it. My bf doesn’t know anything about this guy.

Is this considered cheating?
Reply 1
From what you've said, it seems more like him flirting with you than you flirting with him. Did he know you were in a relationship?
Original post by Anonymous
I’m in a one year long distance relationship, we see each other every month or so and planning to move in together. I love him very much.

A few months ago I picked up a job for a couple months only. My supervisor was an attractive guy my age. Everyone kept telling me he likes me because of how he used to act with me and I noticed it too. It was a boring job so us colleagues used to talk on teams when not busy. Me and my supervisor used to sometimes talk as well on teams. He would call me the prettiest girl he’s ever seen and I’d say he’s not too bad either, we would joke that I knew he had a crush on me and he’d say I have a crush on him. I think this is flirting right ….

When we would see each other on the floor there would also be short convos and always used to smile at each other if we saw each other.

I never thought of going further with him. It was just entertainment at work since it was so boring. After I left the job after nearly 2 months I have never seen him or spoke to him again. I don’t have him on any social media. However I’ve been feeling so guilty about it. My bf doesn’t know anything about this guy.

Is this considered cheating?

First consider whether you hiding this away from your boyfriend is being honest or not, secondly your initiated a conversation in which you said yourself he ain’t bad either… what do you think
Reply 3
It’s risky flirting, but I would say short of cheating if you weren’t prepared to follow through. Clearly though your partner might raise an eyebrow if you told them the details

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending