The Student Room Group

Christianity: Bible study

Hi guys, how often do you study the Bible? Has anyone completedly studied the whole Bible here? if yes, how did you go about it? Joshua 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
I read the Bible as a contemporary biblical scholar would do.
I try to study the Bible everyday, but I must admit I’m not doing too well at the moment due to different things. I’ve never done the entire Bible straight through but I know all of the Old Testament ‘stories’ and most of the New Testament. It’s the minor prophets I’ve not really done :redface: (Jeremiah,Ezekiel,Hosea etc.) I would love to do it and maybe I’ll start this summer. Most study Bibles have a Bible in a year plan in the back, and they’re good as they come with notes. The Bible app is also really good. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by heldbygrace
I try to study the Bible everyday, but I must admit I’m not doing too well at the moment due to different things. I’ve never done the entire Bible straight through but I know all of the Old Testament ‘stories’ and most of the New Testament. It’s the minor prophets I’ve not really done :redface: (Jeremiah,Ezekiel,Hosea etc.) I would love to do it and maybe I’ll start this summer. Most study Bibles have a Bible in a year plan in the back, and they’re good as they come with notes. The Bible app is also really good. :smile:

The year plan used to be superb. can't you start reading afresh all over again?
Original post by Imsammy
Hi guys, how often do you study the Bible? Has anyone completedly studied the whole Bible here? if yes, how did you go about it? Joshua 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

i started reading the bible an honestly my mental health has gotten alot better.my aim is to try and finish reading the bible.If you read 4 chapters a day you should finish the bible quickly.
Reply 5
Original post by Bella1525
i started reading the bible an honestly my mental health has gotten alot better.my aim is to try and finish reading the bible.If you read 4 chapters a day you should finish the bible quickly.

that's great
I read it every evening before I go to sleep. atm I'm just trying to read it cover to cover multiple times before I do full on studying because I don't want to be taking things out of context.
Original post by Imsammy
The year plan used to be superb. can't you start reading afresh all over again?

Yes you certainly can :yep: you could always do it with different year plans as well
Yes you certainly can :yep: you could always do it with different year plans as well

oh your a lifestyle helper now you got promotion lol:biggrin:
Original post by Wise Goldie
oh your a lifestyle helper now you got promotion lol:biggrin:

Hehe yep! Here to make tsr an even better place :yes:
Hehe yep! Here to make tsr an even better place :yes:

well done your really kind so you will be good at it lol:biggrin:
Original post by Wise Goldie
well done your really kind so you will be good at it lol:biggrin:

Aww thank you Goldie :hugs:
Reply 12
The "Bible in One Year" plan by Nicky Gumbel from Holy Trinity Brompton is very good. You read a Psalm, passage from the New Testament and a passage from the Old Testament every day. You can read the passages yourself or listen to David Suchet ( Poirot) reading them. Nicky Gumbel does a brilliant commentary on each passage. I've found it to be very helpful. It's free to download too!
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 13
Here's a useful bible reading planner if you want to do it in a year:
Bible Reading Schedule 2021-page-001.jpg
Bible Reading Schedule 2021-page-002.jpg
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending