The Student Room Group

Transferring from British army to Royal Military Police

Is it a bad idea/possible to go from a British army regiment to the Military police. I’m planning on joining the Rifles next month, been set on a career in the army most of my life, and wouldnt want to do anything else. I’ve been interested in the military police recently as my original plan was to join the army, and whenever I decided to leave, I was to join up to the police. I’m now curious if it is possible to go from the army and into the military police and whether it is frowned upon.
Any advice/info would be really appreciated.
Thanks
Reply 1
The RMP is part of the British Army, so you don't go from the Army into the Military Police. Are you asking about transferring once you've joined up, and how far down the line? If you mean serving with the Rifles for a long spell then joining the RMP you'd need to ask the question once you are in and see what the requirements are at the time. If you mean doing it sooner, you need to speak with your AFCO asap, or again ask when you have joined, but it won't be easy once the Army has invested resources in training you for the Rifles. Why didn't you apply to the RMP initially?
Reply 2
Original post by Surnia
The RMP is part of the British Army, so you don't go from the Army into the Military Police. Are you asking about transferring once you've joined up, and how far down the line? If you mean serving with the Rifles for a long spell then joining the RMP you'd need to ask the question once you are in and see what the requirements are at the time. If you mean doing it sooner, you need to speak with your AFCO asap, or again ask when you have joined, but it won't be easy once the Army has invested resources in training you for the Rifles. Why didn't you apply to the RMP initially?

Yes I know it is still part of the British Army, that’s why I said “is it possible to go from a British Army regiment to the Military Police”. I was unsure on whether transferring was even possible and what it looked like 👍. Tbh I’m still joining the rifles as that’s what I’ve always wanted to do, I’d just discovered parts of the military police and they looked like something I would want to do later in life. Due to the fact I’m not in the army yet I don’t fully know how long I’ll want to stay as I may join and not like it and just do the minimum 4 years. But if I was able to transfer after my time in the rifles I would’ve wanted to do that but I guess it doesn’t really matter, thank you for the response though :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest